Site slowness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup things are looking AMAZING now. :) And the new search engine is running flawlessly too!

Just ran a server speed test at https://performance.sucuri.net/domain/www.satelliteguys.us and we get flying colors and a A+ :)

serverspeed.png

Not sure what might be going on, but the site is back running crazy slow again this evening. For me, at least. Most things I click take 20-30 seconds for any response, and things like opening the alert drop down, or just now expanding the smileys while writing this post get 10-20 seconds of white dot progress bar in the upper right corner before the actions occur. :confused:

Reactions: TheKrell
Believe it or not I am seeing it too...

But I am logged into the server and running tests and its running great. So I am trying to figure out what it is.

Well I think I found the problem. I installed a new site backup program the other day... and looks like I set the wrong time on it... not to mention it was trying to backup and gzip up 46 gig of data.

So I killed it. :)

Hopefully better now. :D

Back end time out about 5 minutes ago - had to wait to get back in.

Since sometime yesterday it seems speedy again overall.

I've been having issues both last night and this morning, and it appears to be only SG. I can click on a link to a forum, or even the like button, and nothing happens for minutes at a time. Then, after awhile, it's back and zippy as usual.

Please let me know if you see this again...

Looks like I ended up doing something STUPID. We had that emergency forum software update last week, and before I did that update I turned ALL Caching OFF. Guess who forgot to turn the caching back ON (this includes on our Caching Firewall and CDN Cloud servers)...

Yup ME.

Caching is back on now.

Sorry folks.

The whole site was really fast earlier then I went out for a couple of hours and now when I got back it's slow as molasses again.

The whole site was really fast earlier then I went out for a couple of hours and now when I got back it's slow as molasses again.
It is strange the slowness does not effect everyone. It never has slowed down for me and I am on it most of the time.

It is strange the slowness does not effect everyone. It never has slowed down for me and I am on it most of the time.

That is strange. For me it seems to be slowest in the afternoons but was fine all weekend. It just took at least 20 seconds for the Smilies to load. :rolleyes

Slowness back for me now, too. Seemed normal this morning, just got back on a few minutes ago, and its crawling again.

Reactions: JSheridan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts