SITE SURVEY INFORMATION FOR PRE INSTALL

tarzantheman

Original poster
Hello All,

I am new here and this is my first post. I would like to say HI to everyone here!

I am trying to install a dish to receive satellite G27 (azimuth for me 270 degrees and elevation/altitude 129 degrees).

Problem is I get no signal and there is a huge hillside in the western sky nearby.

I am trying to find out how one knows when an obstruction like a hill is too high and blocking the signal? I have searched the internet and find nothing I can use.

The transducer is 40 degrees below the centerline so I think the signal comes in a 40 degrees above the centerline of the dish. My dish I am told must be 1 degree below vertical so that is 39 degrees above level and it adds up to 129 degrees for elevation/altitude.

But what do I do? I think put a 6 inch level in front of me and make a cardboard cutout with 39 degrees and site my eye along the top line and see if I can see clear sky? Or does the signal come in at a lower altitude?

Seems this is important general info for anyone to know before buying equipment so they can verify their site is going to get signal........

Thanks to anyone who can provide help ............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)