Site Survey

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jimestepp

Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
Ohio
I live in a Condo, I have an area in the back outside corner that I would be allowed to install a satellite dish.

How can I get a site survey to see if I can get a signal there before I commit to a contract?

I asked the Direct TV guy at Sam's club and he said pre-contract site survey cannot be done, just sign contract and when installer comes out if it can't be installed there he will cancel contract.

I am afraid installer will insist on installing dish on roof which is not allowed.

J

I live in a Condo, I have an area in the back outside corner that I would be allowed to install a satellite dish.

How can I get a site survey to see if I can get a signal there before I commit to a contract?

I asked the Direct TV guy at Sam's club and he said pre-contract site survey cannot be done, just sign contract and when installer comes out if it can't be installed there he will cancel contract.

I am afraid installer will insist on installing dish on roof which is not allowed.

J

Welcome to the Site !

Your not under any contract until you activate a recvr.

Have D* come out .... tell them that the roof is not allowed by your condo assoc. and tell him what they allow.
If he can install it where you need it, you'll be fine.

The installer might have other options when he shows up that you haven't thought about.

Btw, the area your looking at is the ONLY area they will let you or the only area you think will work.

You asked if you could get a signal where you want, what does it look like to the SW when your there ?

Post a picture if you want, that way we can see it.

Where abouts in OH - IO are you ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)