Size of dish for shaw direct in phoenix

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jrbach

Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
Alberta
I have been advised that a 60 cm dish is big enough for Phoenix but then others have advised me to instal the larger 75 cm dish. Help please!

From Peoria, AZ......

I have a neighbor that uses a 60e dish and it works. I have never heard him say that he has problems with rain fade, but then again, it seldom rains here.

Everyone else I know with a Shaw system uses a 75e, myself included. When a strong shower does come up between the dish and the satellites, I have experienced brief periods of outage, but in a general rain (which, again, we don't get much of) the signal is fine.

I have heard that the 60e is a little more difficult to aim, but I personally have no experience with this. I mounted and pointed the 75e dish myself with ease.

All that being said, if you already have the 60e I'd give it a try. If you still have a choice of which dish to use, I'd use the 75e.

Thanks for the response. I have a 75e ready to take down but if I can get away with a smaller dish, it takes up a smaller footprint in the backyard. So I am hoping smaller may work.

Thanks for the response. I have a 75e ready to take down but if I can get away with a smaller dish, it takes up a smaller footprint in the backyard. So I am hoping smaller may work.
The footprint is about the same. Bring down the the 75e, it's easy to find the sat and if your using a PVR you'll have less problems.

Thanks Mellaby, do you have a 75 e dish in the Phoenix area. I was not planning to use the PVR as you need two coax cables into the PVR unit.

My installer in the Phoenix area has recomended the 75e as well, so I will bring it down with me "as carry on"....just kidding. I will report back once the instal is done around Christmas time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts