Skew Adjust - Receiver (Coolsat) Reset

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
I went out and adjusted the skew just a bit on the BSC621-2. During this time I had the receiver on (Coolsat 6000) because I was watching the meter. I did a blind scan and started picking up duplicate TPs, one for Vertical and one for Horizontal.

I am assuming that if you touch the skew you need to power down the receiver, then power it back on. Not sure if that is the case, but maybe this will help somebody if they run into that problem.

After I hard powered it off, the duplicate channels with the opposite polarity now do not work. So again, I am assuming if you adjust the skew, specifically with the Coolsat on, you will need to power it down or you will get duplicate TPs with opposite polarity.

Any thoughts?

Adjusting the BSC621's Skew is a Mechanical adjustment.
As long as you are not disconnecting the cables, powering down will not change anything.

If you have a mesh Dish....
Drive the Dish to your True South Sat, or highest point.
Pop the Feed Cap off
Stand behind the Dish and look up into the Feed, you should see a 1/4" metal rod, that should be Horizontal.

Then Delete the Channels and rescan

Huh, I don't know why it started picking up duplicates for both H and V then. I was guessing it was because I changed the skew without resting the power.

I have had the BSC621-2 dialed in, but want to just tweak the skew a bit as I watched the meter on the Coolsat. Before I re-adjusted the skew, I was blind scanning fine. Then I adjusted the skew and started blind scanning duplicates.

But I then hard power off the Coolsat and it went back to normal. Why would it all the sudden starting picking up duplicates for both H and V? Just curious for future reference.

FYI I only turned it just a bit. Maybe only 1*

Had that problem before. When the lnb is approximately at 45 degrees it cannot tell on a transponder if it is vertical or horizontal. Therefore it will blindscan both Vertical and Horizontal for a given transponder. Depending on the original skew settings it might not take that much to send it off whack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts