Skip ahead sometimes jumps too far

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dennisb92649

Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Southern California
I have a new HWS and I have noticed that the skip button will occasionally jump about 10 minutes instead of 30 seconds. It usually happens when I'm trying to skip past the first minute of a recording to the start of the program but I have also experienced this in the middle of a recording. Anyone else seen this behavior?

I haven't seen it jump with my Hopper 2000. The VIP722 always had a problem if you paused and did a skip back that when you went normal again it would make a jump of 30 sec to several minutes. You had to do several skip aheads of a frame or so each before starting play. The Hopper has always done what you asked it to do--much better--perhaps with a slight delay.

-Ken

We've had the same problem on our living room hopper unit as it pertains to MY RECORDINGS. When you skip forward at the first commercial break, it often jumps about half way through the program. This doesn't happen to the Prime Time Anytime shows, but that might be because we always select the auto-hop option. It's pretty annoying.

I've had this happen too...very confusing when it does! If I recall, it seems to happen most for me when I'm starting a program that is currently being recorded? It's sometimes jumped to Live TV of that program, instead of just skipping ahead the 30 seconds. It's fortunately only done it one time within the same viewing, and behaves well on subsequent 30-second jumps.

Maybe I should have stated that we have two original Hoppers. Only the Hopper that is connected to a Joey and has PTAT enabled skips ahead. The other Hopper with no Joey and PTAT disabled has not done the skipping, yet.

Same problem with my Hopper 2000. Happens on my recordings and PTAT when watching on the same night it was recorded. Jumps ahead 10 minutes. I think it started happening after the last software update.

@ papato6

I think you are right about the timing, since last software update. Can DIRT respond? Is this a known bug? Can you report this problem, if you haven't?

If there are nine or so who have reported the problem here, there could be thousands of subscribers who are experiencing this skipping forward problem.

I know there have been issues with the skip forward, jump back buttons but this is a different problem. I did several searches and found nothing about this 10 minute skip forward problem. If you would kindly post a link to one or some of them it would be appreciated. Personally I think (after being a Dish subscriber for 14 years) this is a new problem with the Hopper and possibly the current (s238) software.

Still would like to hear from DIRT. Thanks.

It happened to me yesterday and I did not even really notice at first. I remember thinking the 30 min. show ended fairly quick.
Then when my son re-watched the show today, I noticed and entire section of the show that I had missed.
So far this is the only time it has happened that I know of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts