Skip Carey has Died

Man that sucks. I used to worry about his health because he looked pretty fat. I almost didn't recognize him in that picture. Still, Caray was huge part of the Braves. Funny it seems like just yesterday that Haray Caray died.

I remember watching Braves games in the 80's because they were the only team playing on TV everyday. I was never a Braves fan, just watched it to see the Reds when they played. He will be missed by not only Braves fans but baseball fans in general.

Every baseball fan who appreciates announcers who have a distinctive style will miss Skip Caray. They are becoming fewer and fewer.

Here' s how bad it's getting: The more I can't tell one cloned throat from another, the more I appreciate John Sterling!

Every baseball fan who appreciates announcers who have a distinctive style will miss Skip Caray. They are becoming fewer and fewer.

Here' s how bad it's getting: The more I can't tell one cloned throat from another, the more I appreciate John Sterling!

Ira,

Boy, have you hit the nail on the head! When I first got cable in the mid 80's and TBS was the station that broadcast most baseball at the time, I got to feel quite @ home with Skip and his comedial ways. He was an aquired taste, for sure...but as you so well-stated, these distinctively styled PBP callers are going the way of the dinosaur.

That airhorn of a voice sounded like heavenely trumpets to Brave fans for over three decades, and especially, through the '90s. It's tough for me to think of the Braves without him and Professor Pete Van Wieren. Skip will be sorely missed.

That airhorn of a voice sounded like heavenely trumpets to Brave fans for over three decades, and especially, through the '90s. It's tough for me to think of the Braves without him and Professor Pete Van Wieren. Skip will be sorely missed.

I remember how he HATED the graphics on the FOX Game of the Week when they first started doing it. The bells and whistles and noise that went along with the visual graphics annoyed the hell out of him...and he let us all know!

Can anyone remember Skip without smiling??????:)

I never met Skip, but I felt like I knew him. This has been had for me to accept. I was talking to a friend and fellow Braves fan today, said it was kind of like the end of your childhood or something. I have been listening to Skip since 1980.

So sad...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)