Sky Angel Customer Service Hits New Low

They don't appear to have very much organization, planning, or business sense at this point.

I agree with this summary.

It is also why I have a problem with those who are focused on the "they deceived us and are doing it now" posters. The deception may be true, but the intent was far from lacking.

Stupidity doesn't remove deception, but it does modify intent. Attacking them as if they intended to do this is not very productive.

Leaving them for others and "never coming back" is probably a decent idea.

Me, I am more annoyed at Dish that I have to pay them about $20 a month to use the 2 522 units I own to receive my "free" Lifetime SkyAngel sub. Dish has no overhead cost for me, yet I have to pay them. (Setup might have cost a tiny bit, but not ongoing.)

Still, I am not on a crusade against Dish either.

I will miss the radio channels when SkyAngel goes away, but that will probably push me to get it working via my Internet connection.

Brad

Note that GloryStar is not a big pull for me since the Christian TV channels are not a big pull and I cannot live without my DVR functionality now that I have had it for several years. :)

Brad

Note that GloryStar is not a big pull for me since the Christian TV channels are not a big pull and I cannot live without my DVR functionality now that I have had it for several years. :)

Brad

I believe Glorystar's next model up receiver has DVR capability. Check out their website (that model is kind of pricy though). :D

Actually they have 2 models

GeoSatPro DVR1000 that has a 80GB hard drive and the new Visionsat IV2000 which has an option to add up to a 500mB hard drive for recording. I have the Visionsat :)

I dont think they will buffer the program though. Its more of an option to record to a hard drive

intention?

I think sky angels advance knowledge and intentions need to be questioned. In fact tey DEFINITELY had prior advance knowldge of the IPTV. Just look at the MAY viewer advisory board. furthermore why have NO subscribers been notified by mail of the switch to IPTV? Might it be to retain those monthly subs who might walk away now? Keep them in the dark and keep the $ coming longer1

Realistically this has probably been in the works for years! After all they never launched the satellite!

GeoSatPro DVR1000 that has a 80GB hard drive and the new Visionsat IV2000 which has an option to add up to a 500mB hard drive for recording. I have the Visionsat :)

I dont think they will buffer the program though. Its more of an option to record to a hard drive

Ah. Perhaps in the near future since they have dived that far into the technology they will take it a step farther with the buffering capabilities.

Would be a good sell to those who are sitting on the fence deciding whether or not to go with them. Just an added nicety.

I am a SA lifetime subscriber, and I thought that I had "dodged a bullet" and that they had forgotten to turn me off. (I did not return the letter.) But, lo and behold, last week all of my SA channels disappeared. I called customer service, and they have turned all of my channels back on, even the special 4 that I told them I did not want to receive.

Go figure. :confused:

That seems to be what has happened to anyone who was turned off! when they turn it on they turn them ALL back on! when they first started broadcasting the 'special 4" my husband called as he didn't want those channels. they told us they had "no way to just turn off those channels". We have gotten used to them now :)

Yesterday I got a bill from Sky Angel. I am a lifetime subscriber from many years ago, and have not received any sort of monthly bill for years.

The bill was for the grand sum of $0.00. We are still getting the special 4 channels, even though we asked them to turn those channels off.

It just gets curiouser and curiouser....:p

Are there any movies out there to record?

What he meant is it will probably take much longer than 24 hours.

by the way my service is still active and I didn't bother returning the form.

I waited until about 6 days before the deadline and was concerned that snail mail would take too long so I faxed my form to SA AND put it in the mail to them. Then, in mid-July, all my SkyAngel channels were turned off. The customer service rep said I must not have returned my form and just brushed off my insistence that I had faxed and mailed it. The next night we had our service back.
I don't know what SA is up to but I no longer trust not promote them.
God bless,
Cindy

There is NO rhyme or reason, I did NOT play by the rules eg send back form and was NOT cut off so far............ It seems to be random who gets cut off and when. I firmly expected to be first as I was very vocal in my displeasure........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)