Sky Angel Petition

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tmp777

Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
Dear Readers and Sky Angel customers,
I have started an online petition for Sky Angel to do good for it's subscribers. Monthly as well as Lifetimers. Please sign the petition by clicking on the following link. Also, please share the link with anyone you know so that we can obtain as many signatures as possible. Thank you and God Bless!

Care2 : The Petition Site : Petition for Sky Ang

Your petition is a waste of time! You are very foolish if you think a company like Sky Angel is going to pay any attention to it.

It looks to me like the only thing that is going get Sky Angel's attention is a class action law suit. You should spend your time doing that rather than wasting it on your silly petition.

Sky Angels DBS frequencies have already been transfered over to Dish Network by the FCC. Sky Angel is not a DBS company anymore since they don't have the frequencies which they gave up on their own to Dish.

If you want Christian satellite check out Glorystar which is a FREE Christian service.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Bill! You know what they say, nothing ventured nothing gained. I didn't say anyone HAD to sign the petition. Maybe you're right, but I have read hundreds of posts of people's grievances, at least it is one step of ACTION to take beyond the voicing of complaints. I appreciate your input, nonetheless, God Bless!:hatsoff:

I guess that's what happens when you buy something that says "lifetime". You're taking a chance on something. And for some people this may have not worked out.

Kinda like in the free to air world when people purchase a years worth of programming for a subscription channel (Globecast World TV has a bunch of ethnic channels you can purchase) and a month later that channel either goes free to air (unencrypted) or ceases.

Dear Readers and Sky Angel customers,
I have started an online petition for Sky Angel to do good for it's subscribers. Monthly as well as Lifetimers. Please sign the petition by clicking on the following link. Also, please share the link with anyone you know so that we can obtain as many signatures as possible. Thank you and God Bless!

Care2 : The Petition Site : Petition for Sky Ang

The only people I know IRL who have even heard of SA (they are lifetimers and have been for a very long time) no longer care about it. The people I talked to about SA never seemed interested, even with the low price it was going for before IPTV. Another couple was given a lifetime subscription and asked for their money back. With SA's lack of advertising it's no wonder they can no longer do business the same old way.

Yes, there are tons of negative posts, but most are from a handful of people posting over and over how much they hate SA. I was disappointed at first, but I'm over that. We are going to get Dish soon and everyone in our home is already looking forward to that.

the problems is that only a "handful" of people actually are aware that skyangel plans to cancel their lifetime subs! they haven't sent out any notice stating that DBS is ending or that they are not going to honor lifetime subs. the IPTV brochure is misleading , making it appear that IPTV is another OPTION, not your only choice!

Just look at their website design. Its split into an IPTV section and SATELLITE site. You would think that the opening page of the satellite would have a statemenet that they are shutting down! Never mind that there are people who are not on the internet.

I was thinking of just switching to dish also, however, I do like to have more Christian programming. No matter how big of a package you order from dish, they only have 4 christian (they refer to as 'religious') channels. That is why I subscribed to Sky Angel in the first place. It would be wondeful if Dish network would have some more christian channels, I would jump on their family package or the top 100 package if they did. Perhaps in the future they will. If you could just take the time you are writing in this thread to pop over to the petition site, it can't hurt anything. I would just like SA to see that the world sees their actions for what they are...greedy and unethical. They can't hide behind their silence, elusiveness and excuses forever. They will have to make some decisions in favor of subscribers at some point. What about the people who don't have high speed internet? Installation and monthly fees for that + SA? That is more than alot of people can afford. I don't feel as though a petition is banging my head against a wall. It's better than doing nothing. There is power in numbers!;)

I don't feel as though a petition is banging my head against a wall. It's better than doing nothing. There is power in numbers!;)
Right on! Someone once said if you don't ask the answer is automatically no!

the problems is that only a "handful" of people actually are aware that skyangel plans to cancel their lifetime subs! they haven't sent out any notice stating that DBS is ending or that they are not going to honor lifetime subs. the IPTV brochure is misleading , making it appear that IPTV is another OPTION, not your only choice!

Just look at their website design. Its split into an IPTV section and SATELLITE site. You would think that the opening page of the satellite would have a statemenet that they are shutting down! Never mind that there are people who are not on the internet.

But, from the amount of people on here, there is still only a small percentage who are very mad at SA. I think the rest of us are dissappointed and let down more than anything. I do agree almost everything is misleading from the website to the snail mail ads. We should have been told months ago that SA was no longer going to broadcast after April 1st (a date I've seen on this site, not a date given by CRS). When I did call SA I was told that they were going to make sure everyone was online with IPTV before the satellite service ended. So, we are just enjoying SA right now because they have not gotten IPTV up and running. Still, that does not make me mad, just dissappointed. I did expect more from them than this.

I was thinking of just switching to dish also, however, I do like to have more Christian programming. No matter how big of a package you order from dish, they only have 4 christian (they refer to as 'religious') channels. That is why I subscribed to Sky Angel in the first place.

Until SA DBS goes belly up, Dish CANT carry more religious channels. The last time they tried (Daystar) SA sued Dish.

and I count 5 with Dish
TBN
EWTN
Angel One
Daystar
3ABN

I hope Dish does follow up and add channels. I'm sad to hear the Liberty Channel will not be one of those, but there are others that would be good additions to Dish.

Dish HAS to do something or they will lose Christian customers to Direct, who has a much better Christian television lineup.

Dish HAS to do something or they will lose Christian customers to Direct, who has a much better Christian television lineup.

We still don't know how many subs SA has. There may be few left actually watching SA, not enough to worry Dish or DirecTV. Plus we don't know how many subs already subscribe to Dish or DirecTV in addition to SA. My inlaws have been with both Dish and DirecTV since signing up with SA years ago. Dish is cheaper than DirecTV, so many may be drawn to them anyway. I don't think we are talking a huge demographic that Dish is hoping to catch.

It may be bigger than you think. The last time I had conversation with a CSR at ceo@echostar.com, he mentioned that Dish was taking a serious look at adding a Christian programming package after SA goes away. Apparently I'm not the only one who wrote to them asking for it.

Until SA DBS goes belly up, Dish CANT carry more religious channels. The last time they tried (Daystar) SA sued Dish.

and I count 5 with Dish
TBN
EWTN
Angel One
Daystar
3ABN

You missed a few:
Alamavision (Spanish)
Starfish Network

And religious organization with "secular" networks

Brigham Young University TV
Good Samaritan TV
Educator TV

Channels on Sky Angel already on Dish
Fox News
HGTV
Hallmark Channel
Hallmark Movie Channel

(TBN and Angel 1 were already mentioned)

---------------
BTW, word is that Sky Angel's satellite service shut-off date is 3/31 midnight.

See ya
Tony

3/31 would be in line with the "first quarter" shut off date some on this and another board were given.

I guess that's what happens when you buy something that says "lifetime". You're taking a chance on something. And for some people this may have not worked out.

Kinda like in the free to air world when people purchase a years worth of programming for a subscription channel (Globecast World TV has a bunch of ethnic channels you can purchase) and a month later that channel either goes free to air (unencrypted) or ceases.

Too late now but I think if SA could have gone FTA on a Faith package offering while offering a scrambled Family package for revenue we would be looking an an entirely better situation for all. I'm supposing that's where building a new satellite came into play? Though from our experience now nothing free to anyone was ever their consideration post Bob Sr.

I guess it all depends on what kind of box they were considering for $350 - $400 was. I was thinking it was the unsubsidized Dish box but that also seems to be in line with a FTA setup. Or maybe they were talking about an entirely different box?

All in all it appears to me the biggest frustration was in playing too close to the vest. There have been many suggestions offered just on these boards. Had the Christian community been more aware of the plight maybe we could have come up with better alternatives and saved them some of that high priced consultant money.

Sorry but I have to mention this! No one really has yet that I've read. But if this truly was God's project then who failed? IPTV Canada failed, DBS failed, so did God make a mistake? Or was the mistake in listening to worldly council?? You gotta wonder.

I mean if you believe in miracles, and you believe that the Gospel of the Kingdon is to be preached to the whole world, how is ministering to a small segment of better to do Christians accomplishing that? I think we just may have the root of the problem here! Unless of course you believe the 3rd world will suddenly gain broadband access overnight.

Sorry but I have to mention this! No one really has yet that I've read. But if this truly was God's project then who failed? IPTV Canada failed, DBS failed, so did God make a mistake? Or was the mistake in listening to worldly council?? You gotta wonder.

Excellent points.

Would you think that the disciples who were put to death were not in God's plan? Just because something does not go like we think it should doesn't mean it's not in God's plan. I have no idea if SA was in God's plan, but it certainly was there for us when we wanted something for our whole family that was family friendly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts