Sky Angel Refuses to Restore Service to Lifetime Subscriber

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

N4ST

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Jersey, VA
When I visited my inlaws over Thanksgiving, I was talking to them about their FTA system vs Sky Angel. They said since Sky Angel had shut down they don't bother turning it on for just 3ABN since they get that on FTA. Their Sky Angel service had been turned off this past summer like many others (including myself) and they hadn't realized it was a "mistake". So, I told them to give SA a call and since they were life members they could have everything restored (temporarily at least) except for the new "pay" channels. Well, my inlaws called SA this week and SA said they were unable to restore their service. :confused: I wonder if the end is so near that they just aren't bothering. Still, it seems like yet another bad PR move.

hey i paid for 1 years service in june.....
you think they will just send the refund check right to me
when the stop service.....
yeah,I am sure they will:eek:

Its all about business, not christianity, when they run things that way. Just shows that the dollar is more important to them than doing what is right.

doesn't seem right. I would have them call back and ask for a supervisor if necessary

I had a w/o to go out and "fix" this customers system and then they would have to call the get SA back on... So I Got her recieverr hooked up abd everything was good to go.. I called dish then got directed to SA them selves then was on the phone with SA and dish corporate people on conference... they said they couldnt reinsate it.. So the customer talked to em for a while, and she had a lifetime sub and said she never received the letter they sent out and finally I was like well sign here and have a nice day I think she was getting it back tho..

Even if they did get the letter they are still entitled to SA service until they actually do shut everyone down. As far as I am aware all lifetime members still have the 'specials" even if they didn't pay for them or send back THE letter.

Is there anyone here that doesn't have them?

I honestly think the letter was a ploy just to get sa many lifetime members to repsond as possible. it was more like a head count knowing IPTV was in the works.

I just called and was told the bad news - my lifetime membership was with the DBS Satellite System, which will be shut down at an undisclosed time. For IPTV, I would need to have DSL installed and pay the regular price.

Uggh! We moved a yeat ago, and I paid to have several trees cut down just so that we could receive still receive SA!

I spent some time on the phone today with both SkyAngel and DishNet being bounced around from one extension to the other. Dealing with SkyAngel was like dealing with a brick wall. Something that anyone tempted to pay in advance for services or purchase a "lifetime" membership should remember.

According to DishNet, as of October 1st, 2007 SkyAngel discontinued their commercial services contract with Dishnet which means that individual customer accounts can no longer be activated or deactivated. So my inlaws can not have their satellite receiver re-activated even though they have a lifetime membership and the bird at 61.5° is still transmitting SkyAngel programming.

Hey! If this is really true, those of you who are paying on a month-to-month basis could stop paying. SkyAngel has no way to individually shut down your account. You will continue to receive service until it all goes down!

My problem is that they have not notified us in writing as to the demise of dbs, cancellation of lifetime contracts etc. they keep pushing IPTV in their mailing without explaining ALL the facts. Its misleading as it makes it appear IPTV is an OPTION rather than switch or lose :(

furthermore I would have to argue that lifetime does NOT end with DBS. Sky angel violated the lifetime contract when they didn't launch a new satellite in 2002 as per the agreement. furthermore both Dominion sky angel and the satellite are stil operating. sky angel may want to claim that the satellite is "dieing" but its NOT dead yet , hence we should still be provided with lifetime service! If sky angel wants out of the contract then they should refund the original purchase price of the contract!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts