SKY angel US offers NO online/computer viewing

catkoko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
If I am reading this correctly US viewers will NOT be able to watch TV on their computers like the canadian IPTV

• IPTV technology allows for programming services to be viewed on conventional TVs, personal computers as well as handheld instruments. Sky Angel IPTV will initially be available only through your TV; however we are exploring these viewing options as possible future enhancements to the Sky Angel service.

Cat,
you seem to complain about all things sky angel......
but on the other hand in some of the posts you make
you sound as if you may sign up for iptv.:confused:
if you dont want iptv or anything to do with skyangel..........................

LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sorry if I don't take opinions too seriously from someone who wears a witches costume while posting about Christian satellite.

There are people still posting who do not even have skyangel. Perhaps you would like them to stop posting? Feel free to skip reading my posts.

As a lifetime member what I posted was important for anyone who is considering IPTV. People have a right to all the facts and skyangel tends to hide them! These forums were set up for information about skyanglel, not as a popularity contest. Unfortunately for skyangel most of the info has not been positive these days.

Neither a witch costume or Hillary are appropriate for Christians.

yes sooner or later we will all need to accept whatever is going on with skyangel. How do you come up with a "solution" when you don't have the options yet?

The problem is that they keep sidestepping the issues instead of clearly telling us what is happening. has ANYONE actually received something in the mail that a) says DBS is being cancelled and b)addresses their lifetime membership?

They have referred us to Hughesnet but now say its not compatible. And if you read the back posts many mentioned the ability to view skyangel via your computer yet this is NOT available unless you live in CANADA.

catkoko, even I (who doesn't care for the way that sky angel is playing this out) am getting tired of the same old rehashing.

They aren't going to tell anybody anything until they have their ducks in a row. That's only responsible for an organization who doesn't know what they are doing yet.

They have address the lifetime membership already. They spelled out what they intend to do - they will honor the lifetime subscription for the lifetime of the distribution system. That hasn't changed. Some people are finally realizing how flimsy that contract was, but "tough cookies". These guys are obviously not acting as Christians... no surprise to me... but that's why it's a business and not a church.

As far as Hughesnet, they've been promoting them .. so what? They clearly indicate that it is not currently compatible with their service... big whoop.

As far as watching SA on your computer.. big whoop.. you can watch many of these channels on your computer already without sky angel. They are providing one facet of a multi-faceted service... big whoop.

It sucks.. so lets figure out how to make the best out of it. Talking about how bad it sucks isn't going to reverse their decision. The transponders are soon to be gone (to Echostar).... it's IPTV or nothing for SA now.

just watched the gospel music awards on 9717..............
great show,thats the kind of stuff i will miss!
I hope dish will pick up this channel
enjoy it while you can:)

catkoko: I for one appreciate your insight and analysis and new fact finding.

IMHO there is only one positive to SA's move to IPTV: the Word could ultimately reach more people via the Internet than It ever could on a single satellite pointed at CONUS. So, while an unknown number of US subscribers are being abandoned, another unknown number of non-US subscribers might find their way to God via IPTV.

That said, I seriously doubt that these newly-served non-US residents will be able to afford a dedicated SA IPTV STB. The lack of a free PC client speaks volumes about the future of this ministry.

thanks thekrell :)

Has skyangel actually expanded its market beyond US and Canada? People need to find the LORD any way they can. I just don't know how many will buy an IPTV box, get high speed and pay $19+ a month if they aren't already saved.

I just don't know how many will buy an IPTV box, get high speed and pay $19+ a month if they aren't already saved.
Probably about the same amount of "unsaved" people who bought a satellite dish, a Dish Network receiver and paid $19+ a month to get it in the past. Not a whole lot.
People who have no intrest in it will not/did not invest in it either way.
The potential for Skyangel to spread is probably better with IPTV than satellite. They can go beyond North America and eventually end up in places like Europe and so on.
:)

My Solution

The thing is, sooner or later, you have to accept what is and focus on whatever solution works best for you.

My solution has been Directv Family, which includes: World Harvest Television, GOD TV, Daystar, TBN, The Word, NRB, TCT and EWTN. I am holding on to SkyAngel untill it shuts off, then I will add Glorystar.

While I agree that the potential for Sky Angel to reach more people is there, in reality, that won't happen. The problem is that a lot of their potential customers are not the people that have (or even have access to) high speed intenet service. And, a lot of the services that Sky Angel has now will not appeal to those in other countries even if it was available there.

As a relatively new subscriber to Sky Angel (1 1/2 years), I'm a little disappointed that my $200 investment in Dish Network equipment will be going out the window, almost literally.

I'm intrigued by the IPTV aspect of service, but I'm more curious about the hardware itself. Does it support Component or S-Video output only, or will it include HDMI or DVI? Will it support any of the Dolby Surround technologies? To me, if this is supposed to be the 'new way of things' from a technology standpoint, it had better support these features. At least with my Dish 311 I knew it was old technology. I don't want to get into an 18 month agreement only to find it cripples my viewing options.

I'm also disappointed at the lack of communication from Sky Angel about all of this. Change is inevitable, but notice of the change should be given far enough in advance for subscribers to make informed decisions regarding their future service choices. Finding out in November that it's IPTV or nothing come Q1 2008 is not an option. I'm blessed in that I have the financial resources to move/change/etc., but many other people might have to do some budgeting to make this switch.

So, I'm more upset about the lack of information regarding the switch than the switch itself. Tell us the truth in love, Sky Angel, or you'll leave a few people angry...

thanks thekrell :)

Has skyangel actually expanded its market beyond US and Canada? People need to find the LORD any way they can. I just don't know how many will buy an IPTV box, get high speed and pay $19+ a month if they aren't already saved.

If you believe that BS about being "saved" just because you belong to a church that "saved" you, you are in for a big suprise. And Sky Angel isn't saving anyone. In a year from now we will likely be talking about how big of crooks they are. As of now, they do NOT plan on honoring the lifetime subscriptions that many of us paid for.

I think they were referring to the Bible's definition of "saved."

Ephesians 2:8-9
8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Romans 10:13
for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Romans 10:10
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.
Lets not forget verse 10 as well.
Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)
10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)