SKY angel US offers NO online/computer viewing

I think they were referring to the Bible's definition of "saved."

Ephesians 2:8-9
8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Romans 10:13
for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Romans 10:10
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

That is some of the BS I was talking about. To me it's a bunch of CRAP. It take more that a bunch of quotes from a bible to make a good person. I remember a Catholic priest who quoted the bible a lot. It also turned out that he was getting in the altar boys pants. I never have trusted people that quoted the bible since then.

Last edited:
Not exactly sure why you subscribed to skyangel and this forum if you aren't a believer............. Hopefully you are searching for the Truth.

jashobeam stated the Biblical definition clearly. Sorry if I assumed that those who watch skyangel know the Lord. Scripture is pretty clear [SIZE=-1]John 14:6 where Jesus says, “I am the way, and the truth and the life; no one goes to the Father except through me,”[/SIZE]

I have a STRONG belief in God but having been raised a catholic I have little faith on organized religion and sky angel behavior just reinforces that:(

My husband and grandfather were catholic. Organized religion of any denomination can be tough on ones faith. My grandfather was told he would go to hell for marrying a protestant! sorry but not sure what scripture they based that on! That said the Bible we read is the same and that doesn't change no matter what church you go to :) The word of god is whats important, not pastor, Priest or man if they contradict the good book.

I have a STRONG belief in God but having been raised a catholic I have little faith on organized religion and sky angel behavior just reinforces that:(

SA is not organized religion. As far as I know they don't even claim a denomiation. They are a supplier of Christian and family friendly programming via DBS and soon via IPTV. I've dealt with quite a few Christian themed businesses, even worked for a few Christian owned businesses. None claimed a denomiation. They were simply providing services for Christians. Man is fallable. If you research the term Religion in the Bible you will find it is rare and when it is used it's almost always in a negative way.

Jesus said He is THE WAY THE TRUTH and THE LIFE and that those who believe on Him will be Saved. He wants you to belong to Him more than any organization on the planet. After that we are to grow in Him by Bible reading, fellowshipping, prayer, Bible memorization and meditation on His Word. The elderly are to teach the younger and parents are to teach their children. My advice to you is to not join an organized religion, but to give your heart and life to Jesus, asking for repentance of your sins by His precious shed blood on the cross. After you are Saved ask Him where He wants you and what He wants you to do. Before I was Saved I had my name on a roll in a church, but I didn't belong to Christ. He didn't own my soul. The difference is astonishing from what my heart was like when it belonged to me.

Not exactly sure why you subscribed to skyangel and this forum if you aren't a believer

Like Bob (who I have OFTEN disagreed with) I am a STRONG believer in God too. It likely isn't the same God that some of the people here believe in. Jiust because we don't believe in exactly what you believe in does not make us dis-believers. An Army Chaplin (in VietNam) once told me "There are as many Gods as there are people; each person has to find his own".

jashobeam stated the Biblical definition clearly. Sorry if I assumed that those who watch skyangel know the Lord.

You don't need to read the bible to know the Lord (whatever that means to each person). STOP pushing your believefs on others. This is a discussion about Sky Angel and yet you two keep pushing your bible CRAP on us. That is NOT what this forum is about so post your bible quotes somewhere else. YOU people think that people HAVE to see (and believe) things the way you do. That is just not correct. Religion and belief in God is something very personal and you people don't seem to be able to understand that.

Jesus said .............

If you don't stop preaching I'll get one of the staff to edit your post. This IS NOT a religious forum and your bible quotes and "Jesus said" do NOT belong here. Go preach somewhere else!

This forum is about Sky Angel service.

If you don't stop preaching I'll get one of the staff to edit your post. This IS NOT a religious forum and your bible quotes and "Jesus said" do NOT belong here. Go preach somewhere else!

This forum is about Sky Angel service.
Jesus was a person. So now we cannot quote what people say? Wow, I guess we're going to have a boring forum. (oh crud, I quoted what you posted.. and you quoted what he posted.. oh no....) :eek:

As far as this being a SkyAngel forum, I agree there. However, you've gotta realize that its sometimes difficult to separate religion from a service that pretends to be a religious institution spreading the gospel. I agree that we sometimes cross that line in our discussions, and we need to watch for that (It's been mentioned before, and usually we get back on topic). Running to get "mommy" to protect you isn't going to earn you any points with people no matter what the reason is.

You can hear 'JESUS said" on any SKYANGEL channel, not buddah, or muhammed etc therefore what I wrote does pertain to skyangel.

Any biblical beliefs/quotes etc I "spouted" are those shared and preached on skyangel. Sorry but I can not apologize for telling the truth on a Christian forum. Yes, I will call it Christian as for all intense purposes Skyangel is a CHRISTIAN satellite company.

People may worship many little "gods" but there is only ONE true God and ONE way to heaven as per the word of GOD. Hey people even worship satan these days! God of the old testament is THE God that is preached on any sky angel channel. I may disagree with skyangels business practices but I am sure even they would back me on this one.

Bill- Yes, SA shows are Christian and Jewish. Christians and Jews worship the God of the Bible. I am beginning to wonder if you actually watched any of SA over the years if you think otherwise. You sound Unitarian, which is not in any way supported by any of the religious channels on SA. The Bible is taught and regularly quoted from on SA. If you cannot stand that on a message board, why did you pay for a lifetime subscription for a service that promotes it 24/7?

this staff member won't edit it. I have no issues with what they said. Now if all someone posts is quotes form the bible well then we have some issues :)

WHEN/where has skyangel addressed the lifetime viewers? I have not actually received anything telling me that my lifetime member is over. All we have is a bunch of forum posts, nothing actually from skyangel.

When I called skyangel they told me notices have been "on the bills since June". I for one do not receive a monthly bill/statement. Others posted saying that they checked their bills and NOTHING is on them about ending DBS.

As for the internet viewing, or lack of it. Some people had posted that they might try it online before investing in the equipment. I wasn't "rehashing" but stating what I felt was new information that might be important to some on the board. Again the information about hughesnet IS important. I would hate for anyone to sign up for the required 2 years and then find out they can't use it to receive IPTV! The disclosure was not always there and you can only see it if you happen to scroll all the way down.

We shouldn't assume that because it doesn't affect us personally that it isn't important info to someone else. also as word about this forum and IPTV are getting out more are and will be joining us. What is old info to some will be rehashed again I am sure to benefit/inform the new members.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts