Status
Please reply by conversation.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Mexico's SKY satellite service is about to lauch their HD channels right before the 2010 World Cup and by the looks of the new HD receiver "SKY+HD" is the HR23-700 model from DTV. Even the remote is the same.

Makes you wonder if D* is associated with SKY/TELEVISA

Attachments

• front1j.jpg
    front1j.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,503
  • front2jt.jpg
    front2jt.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,146
its probably the same thing as Dish and Bell

Bell buys the equipment from Dish and loads their own software in the receiver

its probably the same thing as Dish and Bell

Bell buys the equipment from Dish and loads their own software in the receiver

Could be, kinda interesting THAT they would choose the HR23

hey what are the bugs of HR23-700 also check 58 for brief HD FTA while they set it up,
also the service is suposef to light up on mid april.

Mexico's SKY satellite service is about to lauch their HD channels right before the 2010 World Cup and by the looks of the new HD receiver "SKY+HD" is the HR23-700 model from DTV. Even the remote is the same.

Considering Rupert Murdoch has his Fox paws on both DirecTV and Sky TV (Worldwide)

Also that Sky Latin America, D* and D* Latin America are under the same parent company "The DirecTV Group"

Yeah, might have something to do with it...

hey what are the bugs of HR23-700 also check 58 for brief HD FTA while they set it up,
also the service is suposef to light up on mid april.

yeap Intelsat 16 is around 50w en route to 58w

Sky México, owned (majority) by Televisa, bought Directv's latin sibling a few years ago, so, they might as well be associated in terms of technology.

Too bad it'll be pricey (at least for México), around 60dlls a month for only a few upconverted channels, altough they'll be giving a free 46in HD LCD TV.

Hopefully Dish México will enter the HD game as well as cablevisión is doing right now (another sibling of Televisa).

Cheers

M.

Intelsat 16 is now moving towards 58w for the last few days. Should be there by the weekend and HD channels will be launching soon. Maybe some ITC while they test So I will be scanning my HD receiver for that.

thanks should be exciting, btw why did they park on 48 did they test the sat there

thanks should be exciting, btw why did they park on 48 did they test the sat there

Probably, but it was less then 2 weeks so I doubt that was enough testing.
Should be fun once it reaches its home sat @ 58w

Intelsat 16 is now moving towards 58w for the last few days. Should be there by the weekend and HD channels will be launching soon. Maybe some ITC while they test So I will be scanning my HD receiver for that.
I'm way out of the loop, but last time I looked, DirecTV didn't use DVB on Ku.
They used DSS or whatever it's called, and a DVB receiver can't get it, scrambled or not.

ALSO, there's a fair chance they're using Ka-band, not Ku, but that should be easy to discover.

Hello can someone scan 58 as I think I got a Mosaico HD channel but it was not logged in
thanks

I posted this the other day

here's what I found @ 58W (ill be PMing this info to Ice):

4 Sky Mexico TPs with over 100 channels but 99.99% of them are NDS Encrypted :( (as you can imagine the quality is booming for me using the 7 footer and being in Mexico)

The 4 ITC channels are:

12179V 30000 Sky Mosaic 0512 0840 0512
11998H 30000 Sky Mosaic 0525 0853 0525
11978H 30000 Sky Mosaic 0525 0853 0525
12099V 28.300 Sky Prepago 0522 (Audio is AC3 I believe)

I posted this the other day
Good call.
Guess the receiver is very flexible in what it can receive.
Was wondering why a DirecTV "company" wouldn't use DSS...?
Could be as simple as the fact that Sky has DVB encoders at their uplink site, and they don't want to buy new ones...?

Hello can someone scan 58 as I think I got a Mosaico HD channel but it was not logged in
thanks

Actually its just the normal PPE mosaico, even tho it says HD is not

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts