Sky Mexico?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If someone wants to subscribe semi-legally to a Mexican provider, my advise is to go with Dish México (77ºW),

the footprint for Dish Mexico doesnt cover Illinois where the OP is listed....footprint is probably the same as Sky Mexico

If someone wants to subscribe semi-legally to a Mexican provider, my advise is to go with Dish México (77ºW), it is cheaper and has better channels than Sky, at Sky they have a bunch of garbage and the same channel repeats two or three times, and they count those "mosaics" as channels (dish it's around 15-20 dlls for 36 channels, and sky it's in the 40 dlls with a more channels but most of them irrelevant ones, but have local channels that dish doesn't has = there's a legal battle right now so dish can offer locals too).

*Semi-legally = neither Sky nor Dish México has a licence to sell their services at USA, but there are people/companies that acquires accounts and pays for you in México.

Cheers

M.

Sky now has a package at $299 pesos, about $24 bux aprox. One thing that Dish Mexico will never have is Televisa and that is pretty much what the Latinos in America want to see, along with Azteca's

Thanks for all of the great advice for my customer. I will take everything that I have learned from this thread and discuss all the options with her (fixed/motorized). Will be meeting her this afternoon. I think if we could get her a few of the TOP 3, She will be more inclined to go with the fixed dish system.

Look for a update to this thread this evening.
Thanks again everyone!

Thank you everyone for all of the great advice!...My customer and myself are very grateful.

UPDATE:
Went ahead and installed a Direct world dish and aimed it at 93W, downloaded 3 Azteca channels. I wish you guy's could of been there to see her expressions when the channels pop'd in. Her grandmother started to clap her hands. :).
She still wants to eventually get the Televisa channel located on 118W. As mentioned she is only allowed 1 dish on her property. However, After the management saw how I was able to hide the dish, They may allow her to put another dish. They will mention it in the next HOA (Home owners association) meeting.
If the Televisa signal/transponder on the 118W is strong enough, I might try to aim with a dish 500 or a dish 1000 and use a linear lnb.

Again, Thanks to everyone for making this possible!

Went ahead and installed a Direct world dish and aimed it at 93W, downloaded 3 Azteca channels. I wish you guy's could of been there to see her expressions when the channels pop'd in. Her grandmother started to clap her hands. :).
She still wants to eventually get the Televisa channel located on 118W. As mentioned she is only allowed 1 dish on her property. However, After the management saw how I was able to hide the dish, They may allow her to put another dish. They will mention it in the next HOA (Home owners association) meeting.

If the Televisa signal/transponder on the 118W is strong enough, I might try to aim with a dish 500 or a dish 1000 and use a linear lnb.

its azteca you would want to use the smaller dish for. That is much stronger than televisa. That satellite (116.8) is tougher to get here in the Northern States

As for the HOA, does she have an exclusive spot on her property? If so, then she can put as many dishes up as she wants per FCC OTARD
FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas

Yea very doubtful that 116.8w Ku will be viewable with anything less then a 30"/36" minimum.

SKY Mexico in USA

Hi...

A couple of months ago, my cusin who lives in Chicago area asked me for help to setup an account for him with SKY Mexico, and after several phone calls I found some guys named SKY Milenio, that offers Sky Mexico equipment for sale and account activation for US customers (just Google for skymilenio).
I think they asked him to buy a 2.4 m dish and they sent him the box, LNB, card and remote.
Also after he installed and got the mosaic, they activate his account and now he is paying + - $ 30.00 a month for average programming package.
They also offered him an option to buy an equipment named SlingBox and setup it and the Sky box in Texas and send the signal via broadband to his TV in Chicago. They mentioned everything is 100% ligal and registered.
I think the website is in Spanish, but if you send them an e-mail in English, they will reply with more info.
I hope it helps you.

JorGu78

Last edited:
the saga continues:

Since this thread was dredged up again, let me post the link where DirectDishNet went on to solve the two dish problem for his customer.
I found it fascinating and anyone reading this thread should hop over and finish the story. - :up

Azteca 93.1 on Dish 500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts