Sky Mexico

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jlrpes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
Dallas
Is anybody losing channels from Sky Mexico? Everytime I turn to a channel it is not there anymore. I know that they have 2 satellites. Can they moving channels to the new sat? I live in Dallas, TX. Is someone having the same issue in Texas?

Unless the footprint is changing on one sat versus the other having 2 satellites at one location is irrelevant

(and I cant check as I'm close to the other border) ;)

Is anybody losing channels from Sky Mexico? Everytime I turn to a channel it is not there anymore. I know that they have 2 satellites. Can they moving channels to the new sat? I live in Dallas, TX. Is someone having the same issue in Texas?

If you put up the sat info and TP info a few of us could confirm if it is still up.

Here is a screenshot of the sat info. I don't know if it helps.

Attachments

• image-403784288.png
    image-403784288.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 524
Your footprint might be the problem been in North Texas "Dallas"

IS-9@302E-MXKV.jpg

Here in Socal, I can get all Transponders from Sky Mexico SD and HD ones.

You are getting strong signals. I will try with a Pansat lnb. I have one already. Will try with a new one

I'm a noob when it comes to that stuff. I don't know what LNB I have. All I know is that it says chaparral. It's the one the installer installed and the Sky antenna is the one they use.

I already had the antenna at my house in LA and I got Sky HD in Guadalajara and brought with me the receiver and the LNB.
p8028854.jpg

105duvc.jpg

I'm a noob when it comes to that stuff. I don't know what LNB I have. All I know is that it says chaparral. It's the one the installer installed and the Sky antenna is the one they use.

I already had the antenna at my house in LA and I got Sky HD in Guadalajara and brought with me the receiver and the LNB.
105duvc.jpg

Is that the 36" (90 cmts) dish (i.e. antenna) ? So you get good signals with that dish in LA ? Interesting !!

Is that the 36" (90 cmts) dish (i.e. antenna) ? So you get good signals with that dish in LA ? Interesting !!

In Los Angeles you can get all the transponders fine using a 76cm dish (30") and a universal lnb. I have checked for myself since I am in L.A and I get 90% signal on all TP's with a Fortec 76cm and fortec lnb.

You don't really need that Chaparral LNB.. it can be any brand.

I think i found my signal issue. I am using a 2.5mts prime focus antenna and using the chaparral lnb when i should be using a offset antenna. Could that be the issue? When i use the pansat lnb on my analog reciever i get good signal. But when put the chaparral lnb on my prime focus antenna and the HD reciever I dont get good signal. I will try to by a 1.2 offset antenna for the chaparral lnb.

Sky HD in Dallas

JLRPES,
Is you Sky eq working fine now in DFW area? if not, please notice that the LNB has to be the original Chaparral provided by SKY, because it is an special one with an stacker integrated on it. Else, you need the distacker device pluged on the back of your Sky +HD box.
Also, I found that Sky SD is on PAS 9 and HD on Pas 16, and if you check the beams are not the same, mainly in north Texas.
Let me know if it is working.

Thank you

Thanks! Are you able to see the following channels? 204, 709, 251, 252? We can't see them here in Texas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts