Skyange and Verizon

mark19067

Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
I have gone through three Skyangel reps. trying to get my Verizon Fios Internet to work with Skyangel. After 2+ hours on the phone, we can not get my Verizon Actiontec combo router/modem to work with Skyangel. They reccomend I call Verizon and see what other modems/routers they can supply. I am thinking about bagging the whole deal and trying Glorystar but I am not optimistic. It is a shame because the programming content looked great for my kids (3, 7 and 11). Does anyone have any solutions or knowledge of Glorystar?

Thanks,

Mark

welcome :wave

Check out the Glorystar forum (its right below this one). Lots of good info on Glorystar :)

I will check out GloryStar. I am a bit upset as I told the Skyangel rep. I had Verizon and they said it should be fine but when I got the tech. guys on the line, they often experience non-compatible issues with Verizon. Now I suppose I am out the $30 delivery and activation fee, plus another $10-$15 to ship the hardware back to S.Angel. Oh well, life goes on.

After 2+ hours on the phone, we can not get my Verizon Actiontec combo router/modem to work with Skyangel.
What are the symptoms exactly? Can you log in and control both the Sky Angel box and the modem/router? If so, I think you would have better success fixing it yourself than trying to get a sophisticated diagnosis over the phone.

Thanks for the help and suggestions but I think at this point I am just sending the hardwear back. When I ordered the 30 day free trial, I was upfront with them that I was using Verizon. Then when I called the tech guys, they told me they had little success with Verizon Modems and SkyAngel. In my opinion, the rep. taking the order did not know this but it comes down to the my belief, they should have. Sour grapes maybe, but time heals all wounds and in the grand scheme, it aint on big deal.

In fairness to the rep there are a lot of modems and ISPs out there and it's not always so easy to keep these compatibility issues accurate and up to date. IPTV isn't 30 days old yet so the reps are still feeling their way around.

I show them a little compassion since for example similar problems have been met by new Vonage customers in the past. I had a few minor issues initially but ever since all it's done is cut my bill in half and give me great features for no additional cost.

So for all my issues with Dominion this one point even I am willing to cut them a little slack on.

Even though IPTV is new to sky angel, Neulion and this equipment have been in use for over a year. surely enough time to work out these bugs people are encountering............

The reps. worked very hard at getting it fixed. I actually have shown then quite a bit of compassion and respect. SkyAngel, in theory, looks great and I really want it to work. I spoke with Verizon today and SkyAngel. Verizon FIOS only supports and provides the ActionTech router/modem. They did say if I purchased a third party router, I may be able to piggy back it off of the ActionTech but they did not seem to hopeful. I spoke with SkyAngel and they said they doubt if this would work. The only thing they suggested was bypassing the ActionTech router and run the cable directly to a third party router and set up a PPOE with Verizon and that should work. They say they have doe this in the past. I am a bit tired and feel a little over my head to try this one. Has anyone have experience at this or have any thoughts on it viability?

Thanks,

Mark

Does anyone know if this is compatible with Verizon Plain old vanilla DSL 3MBps service.? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)