SkyAngel Plans Move to IPTV

Special offers subject to change.
I don't think it's an attempt to be devious on the part of SA, but it always seems that whatever subscribers are told is subject to change.

No Sat Isp, No Tivo, No Dvr,

Also no answers posted this time about the lifetime subs :( Just what everyone in the family wants, to watch the SAME show on up to 4TVS !!!

Q7. I have satellite Internet. Will Sky Angel IPTV work with my current Internet service?

A7. Unfortunately, satellite Internet providers do not provide the sufficient bandwidth needed in order to access Sky Angel IPTV. This is due to their Fair Access Policy (FAP). You may see speeds that meet the Sky Angel IPTV minimum requirement, but the companies’ policies to restrict bandwidth based on downloaded use prohibits Sky Angel recommending these Internet provider options.
Q9. I have Clearwire or another Wi-Fi type Internet service. Will this work with the Sky Angel IPTV service?

Q15. Can I watch Sky Angel on two TV’s without two set-top boxes?

A15. Yes. However, it will require additional after market products. By connecting the output of the set-top box to the input of an A/V sending device then connect two A/V receiving devices programmed to work with the A/V sending device to TV's in your home. This will allow you to view the same Sky Angel program on two TV’s at the same time. You can use up to four A/V receiving devices throughout your home that are programmed to work with an A/V sending device. In order for the remote control to work in a room where the Sky Angel IPTV set-top box is not, you will need an IR to RF remote adaptor.

A9. Unfortunately there is no Wi-Fi or other non-traditional Internet provider that will accommodate the Sky Angel IPTV service needs due to their FAP. You may see speeds that meet the Sky Angel IPTV minimum requirement, but the companies’ policies to restrict bandwidth based on downloaded use prohibits Sky Angel recommending these Internet provider options.

Q17. Is the Sky Angel IPTV set-top box compatible with TIVO or other third party DVR recording devices?

A17. Unfortunately, the Sky Angel IPTV set-top box is not compatible with third-party devices such as TIVO and other DVR systems.

Q18. Does the Sky Angel IPTV service recognize V-Chip technology?

A18. Unfortunately, the Sky Angel IPTV service does not recognize the V-Chip technology. Sky Angel is looking into enhancements that will allow for more program filtering such as that which exists within the V-Chip technology. As these enhancements become available, Sky angel will advise their customers and provide more information on how to utilize these features.

Well if I didn't want sky angel before , I definitely don't want it now. e do not want NFL (and their commercials). As far as I know sky angel IPTV does not have the technology to block stations :(

Woo Hoo!!!!

Now SkyAngel IPTV viewers can watch male enhancement/performance ads.... That should go over well with SkyAngel's audience! :p

(They disgusted me so much I stopped watch a few local games because of them.)

Brad

I don't think that the NFL channel itself has those type of ads. The ones that you have seen are likely "vendor insert ads". The satellite and cable companies are allowed to insert their own ads (usualy one, two or three minutes an hour -- depending on the channel) and they get 100 percent of the revenue from those ads. My guess is that Sky Angel will not allow those type of insert ads.

I haven't been watching 3ABN much lately but just now they had a (for lack of a better term) commercial for their own IPTV.

So for those willing to commit to 18 months of SA/ Dominion IPTV just to get 3ABN I wonder if sometime during that time commitment they could part ways? :eek:

BTW they also said you can replay any show up to 2 days after it aired (I think). That sounds nice! Maybe I'll go check it out.

IPTV is but a step in the technological changes of the future. I read that in Japan they were planning to have fiber into every home and the BW would be sufficient for all communications: TV, radio, telephone and more. But this all requires infra-structure to be in place. Theoretically three satellites can can cover the globe compared to many, many thousands of miles of wire, cable or fiber to do the same. So it seems to come down to whether the intent is to meet the desires of a preppy elite or the huddled masses. In some countries missionaries are providing solar powered audio Bibles or even manure powered radios. It may be a while before these people groups get IPTV, but who's keeping score?

In some countries missionaries are providing solar powered audio Bibles or even manure powered radios.

At least one group is training very rural people in other countries to use manual dental tools and suppling them with tools made just for places with no electricty, batteries, etc. It was a special on SA a while back and very interesting.

I think broadband will be for everyone eventually, then it will be replaced most likely. In the beginning radios were just for the rich. They were replaced by analog TVs, which are now being replaced by hidef TVs. As we progress technologically then tech items will become more and more affordable for the poor. There is a program to give laptops to people in very poor countries. When was the last time you met a non-homeless American too poor for a cell phone? As we advance, other countries who are open to trade will also advance.

for 3abn you do have other options, glorystar or moiptv.net

3abn seems to want to get its message out there so I do't see them parting with dish but who knows for sure these days........

for 3abn you do have other options, glorystar or moiptv.net

3abn seems to want to get its message out there so I do't see them parting with dish but who knows for sure these days........

What percentage of Sky Angel DBS customers were affiliated with the 7th Day Adventist Church? Was Mr. Johnson an SDA member?

Someone quoted some figures a while back on this board. Sky Angel lost many subs when the adventists started offering adventist only packages. then for a while sky angel lost 3abn as well.

Many who are not adventists enjoy the programming, There are health shows, kids show not just preaching.

Someone quoted some figures a while back on this board. Sky Angel lost many subs when the adventists started offering adventist only packages. then for a while sky angel lost 3abn as well.

Many who are not adventists enjoy the programming, There are health shows, kids show not just preaching.

I have never watched 3ABN, and although not a member of that church...I do enjoy watching Amazing Facts with Doug Bachelor (an SDA pastor) when I've seen it on TV. I don't like how he puts down contemporary Christian music or will only hire members of his denomination / affiliation for his ministry -- but people in Christ can disagree on small things like this and still be brothers and sisters in Christ, IMHO

IPTV is but a step in the technological changes of the future. I read that in Japan they were planning to have fiber into every home and the BW would be sufficient for all communications: TV, radio, telephone and more. But this all requires infra-structure to be in place...../quote]

In some respects, countries that have been behind on getting communications services to the people are now "ahead" because it is easier to put up a tower to serve a circumference of population than it is to run wire to everyone in that circumference. Where WiMax has not been installed yet, it looks like will be in the next few years. I guess Sky Angel had to start somewhere but it just feels like they're jumping into this about three years too soon. They'll be available to communities who have the broadband wire but us country folk have to wait. It's ironic...small Japanese villages could make use of the technology but I live two miles from Interstate 5, four miles from the County courthouse and we have no cable and no DSL. I'm basically waiting for WiMax to arrive here too. I'll wish them well and I hope to catch up with them again someday but they're leaving me behind on this one.

Could you post a link to the figures?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts