Openbox Skybox F5S setup in PAL mode ..?

ponitora

Original poster
I purchased a Skybox F5S online and when it arrived there was no menu via the HDMI so connected the composite video instead. Lo and behold I got a rolling picture with no color, which indicates the video is set to PAL. I didn't see any way to set the box to NTSC, so packed it all up and away it went. I'm looking for a smaller sized box than the Sonicview SV-360 - sized like the Skybox F5S - which will of course have NTSC output. I need the new receiver to perform on Galaxy 19/AM5 at least as well as the Satlink WS-6906 meter I've got, which is quite good. So if anyone can recommend a smaller footprint receiver for North American footprint satellites (like AM5) with a good remote and PVR on USB I'd be much obliged. :) By the way I am in the USA on the Oregon coast. TIA, steve

Micro hd, and amiko mini hd or nano hd are good recievers. I have both nano and micro hd both are very good. Talk to wallyhts or ke4est even titiaum satellite can help you out.

Thanks for the suggestions. I purchased an Amiko HD about six months ago from a supplier in Kansas, and when it arrived it appeared to be european spec with all euro birds; but the worst part was that I got no signal strength at all from a known working LNB and had to send the Amiko HD back. I'm not talking signal quality, I mean brand new out of the box the DC voltage to the LNB was apparently dead on the Amiko. That kind of left me with a not-so-favorable opinion of Amiko.

My FTA needs are simple (RGB o/p, single satellite AM5) and I've found a Conaxsat CNX mini receiver which looks like it will do the trick...? I know it is an older model from about 2010 and I'm wondering how fast it is. With all the issues I've had with receivers, I've ended up using video output from a Satlink WS-6906 as our FTA feed here. If the Satlink WS-6906 had a remote control there would be no need to find a new receiver, it is one kick axx device IMO. :) Thanks again, Steve

Hardware failure can happen with any brand but that kind of problem is unusual with an Amiko. Was it purchased from an authorized Amiko Americas dealer? If so, it should have been "Americanized" with a North American satellite list and removal of the European functions. Did you have any problem returning it?

Ernie

Agree, the Amiko Mini HD SE is a good box. Sorry you got a dud. :( If purchased from an authorized dealer, hopefully they handled the return or exchange quickly and without issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts