SkyStar HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
Just picked up one of these cards from europe.. it's pretty cool and it looks like it has hardware blind scanning in it.. I found several feeds my coolsat missed in less than 1/3rd the time the coolsat took on a detailed scan..

supports DVB-S2 though I doubt much of anything is S2 yet..

Just picked up one of these cards from europe.. it's pretty cool and it looks like it has hardware blind scanning in it.. I found several feeds my coolsat missed in less than 1/3rd the time the coolsat took on a detailed scan..

supports DVB-S2 though I doubt much of anything is S2 yet..

I like the sounds of the blind scanning, very interesting. What software are you using to run it?

The software it came with .. it's called Technisat TV Center.. Not the best software by any means, but nifty in helping me find feeds I didn't know where out there.. :)

The software it came with .. it's called Technisat TV Center.. Not the best software by any means, but nifty in helping me find feeds I didn't know where out there.. :)

I have this card and played with the TV center software, but never saw the Blind Scan features.

Could you post a screen shot, or a step by step for the Blind Scan?

Thanks

Here's the screen it uses for scanning..

Attachments

• Blind Scan.JPG
    Blind Scan.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 701
I haven't tried tsreader or mytheater, but it's has a bda driver that worked with some other software I was running on my SkyStar2so it should work.. I loaded the beta software I found on the site.. installed the drivers from the cd it came with.

Any of you guys running a motor with this card? I am thinking of ordering but can't see anything in the manual that refers to motor control in the tv center software.

I haven't tried tsreader or mytheater, but it's has a bda driver that worked with some other software I was running on my SkyStar2so it should work.. I loaded the beta software I found on the site.. installed the drivers from the cd it came with.

I'd like to know the TSReader results too.

TSReader doesn't support this card as far as I can tell

DVB Dream seems to support it .. my theater should but didn't support 22k as switch (which I needed) as far as I could tell

It's funny but it supports bda (I should look to see if they have different or updated drivers for it) but none of the tsreader's drivers work for it.. shrug oh well.. :)

As I mentioned to Vince, I've also been waiting for a card with blindscan (SS2 2.3 excluded). I've seen a couple chips advertised with autosymbolratedetect in the last year or so but can't find a card maker that might be using one.

Does anyone else have opinions about the SkyStar HD or the TT that indicate it is a true blindscan.

Thanks..

As I mentioned to Vince, I've also been waiting for a card with blindscan (SS2 2.3 excluded). I've seen a couple chips advertised with autosymbolratedetect in the last year or so but can't find a card maker that might be using one.

Does anyone else have opinions about the SkyStar HD or the TT that indicate it is a true blindscan.

Thanks..

I reinstall my S2 3200 card (Same as Skystar HD) Just to test the blind scan and to me it does NOT appear to be hardware blind scan. My opinion

Thanks for the response Jerry. I know a lot of us have been waiting for a card with blindscan - the wait probably continues.

Like many, I blindscan with an STB, port the data to the PC and then rescan with software. Of course, for me, there is always shift between the STB and the card as far as frequency and symbol rate so I have to tweak the data - it's tedious.

Thanks for the response Jerry. I know a lot of us have been waiting for a card with blindscan - the wait probably continues.

Like many, I blindscan with an STB, port the data to the PC and then rescan with software. Of course, for me, there is always shift between the STB and the card as far as frequency and symbol rate so I have to tweak the data - it's tedious.

I find the same thing with using my fortec mercury II to scan then using that info on my skywalker or dreambox

mercury seems to detect the symbol rate a little high, ie 30000 will sometimes get scanned in as 30031

the dreambox I can usually lower the symbol rate by 10 till I get a lock

the skywalker I usually can lower it by 5 at a time till I get a lock, sometimes its real fussy and have to go down by 2's

takes awhile

I'm with you, the symbol rate does cause the most work. I use DvbDream .87b which still has the "scan nearly" function so that helps with the frequency shift.

Also, I did recieve email back from Technisat and a European card vendor. Both say that there is no card on the current market for true blindscan. I suppose with little incentive or demand, we'll still be waiting for a while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)