Skyvision contract requirments

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dannymcenrow

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Detroit MI
My father has been in the tv business for many years and he knows a lot of people so I asked one of them to look into this Motorola thing.Well apparently Motorola did not decide to end their support by the end of theyear but Nps is fearing that they may do it in the long run so to avoid being sued they want to kind of bail out on C band so they won't sell long term subs for like a year but I'm afraid because I extented my service till june with them but the way they treated me was like I had to force them to let me extend my service i the first place.I told them that I'm gonna think the dishnet thing over and tell them in June what I'm gonna do.Because the thing is if 4dtv goes out I still have Fta because I have 2 receivers on my Dish one is the 4dtv the other is the Pansat and I watch a lot of fta right now so if I lose 4dtv I can just live on the Fta stuff I have no problems there.Plus with Fta I get a lot of master channels so quality is very good even better then th sd channels on a small dish service because I'm getting masters and not re uplinks like the small dishes do it.But I checked out skyvisions webside because I thought mabe if Nps refuses to keep on selling me any subs in June I can gowith skyvision.But the thing is like my sister told me nobody has better service then NPS.With Nps I'm pre paying 3 months in advance and when those 3 months expire I go for 3 more months.But on skyvisions webside they say MONTHLY FEE WITH 1 YEAR CONTRACT.Now I wanna ask how their policy are.Because my credit is not 100% right now I owe money at the bank plus I had to cancel a contract that had for an iPHONE so have a bad name right now for not keeping up with contracts.So whats their story and do they alow a deposit for like $300-$400 if you have bad creditso you can sub anyway?And about the packages themselves at first I saw that they have G4 media tv and Fuse and don't have them with Nps so at first I thought well greatbut then saw Nick 2 on the list too so then I knew the list was outdated.So do any of you know if G4media tv and Fuse is REALLY AVAILABLE or WAS AVAILABLE.And also they list different affiliates for prime time 24 channels right now I get all 3 from Atlanta but they list 2 from Miami and another city I can't remember right now.I know it's early because june is so far away but I wanna know in Advance because if I go Dishnet I'm thnking I'm not gonna qualify for the contract either so then I'll have a choice to put down a deposit or buy used equipment on E bay and sub without a contract.But I'm not to exited about that I'm gonna try every ways possible to keep using the big dish.

Not sure about the channels you asked about still being there.
I think what they mean by Monthly fee with a year contract is that is what it will cost per month if you buy by the year, I am sure you can go month to month, or three months or six month also.
Have you thought about SRL, they are partnered with Skyvision, but have different packaging.
Terry

You can pay 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or yearly with SRL & Skyvision just like with NPS. Also G4 media and Fuse are available from them. There is no credit check.

"they say MONTHLY FEE WITH 1 YEAR CONTRACT" this means you get better monthly pricing if you agree to sign-up for a year - a bit like quantity discounts.

If you aren't comfortable with an annual contract, you can sign-up for a shorter period, but the price will be slightly higher.

I personally have no issue with this - never been able to have my cake and eat it!

I think part of what he was saying is, since they won't sell an annual sub any more, you can't get the price they still show on the website. Too bad. I'd buy from somebody else anyway.

I think part of what he was saying is, since they won't sell an annual sub any more, you can't get the price they still show on the website. Too bad. I'd buy from somebody else anyway.

If he's talking about SRL or Skyvision they still are selling yearly sub's, only NPS stopped.

Ok thanks a lot but any of you subscribe to g4 media tv and fuse?
I want to know if they're still available and how about the movie channels?
Are they on W5 or do we get them on G1 like with NPS?
Because so far I know Nps uplinks n G1 also so I'm confused.

I have a client that has G4 media and Fuse in his Skyvision package, yes they are there. Skyvision and SRL offer the master (G1, C3, G5, G0) and the W5 (HITS) movie channels. NPS only uplinks the channels on G3 no others!

Ok thanks a lot now I know I have an Alternative if it comes to a Point when Nps don't want to sell anymore I;ll go with Skyvision.
I hope they will continue but they started pushing this Dishnetwork thing so now I'll tell them I 'll subscribe to skyvision if you don't let me subscribe to you and if they really don't let me sub.I'll go with sky.
I will lose some channels especially the ones on G3 but I'll still be able to sub to the ones with higher picture quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)