Which Sat has HGTV when it comes to Skyvision 4DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
Looking to get into 4DTV.
Want HGTV and need to know which Sat to point at.

Would it be the least expensive way to get it?

Thanks

4DTV for all practical purposes is dead. You can not find a new 4DTV out there and any working 4DTV's you can find are on their last leg and need to be modified to work with the Hit2Home platforum.

You can get a DSR 410 from Skyvision and order programming, but the quality is not good and there is no HD. (And its pricy for what you are getting.)

http://skyvision.com/store/dsr410_2.html

Looking to get into 4DTV.
Want HGTV and need to know which Sat to point at.

Would it be the least expensive way to get it?

Thanks
Well to actually answer your question,you would point at X4,aka W5,in reality AMC18@105 west.Just looked at Skyvision quick and it looks like the cheapest there would be the Pick 10 Pak for $24 a month.As far as 4DTV's go,they're back to being fairly cheap on fleabay again.But make sure that the unit ID numbers are still good and preferably that the battery has been replaced.Once the battery dies the ID#'s are lost and the unit is no longer subscribable.If it hasn't already been converted to get the HITS channels,the conversion is not that difficult and instructions are available on Skyvisions or SRL's site.
Also note these channels are strictly SD,no HD is available.Programming is available from Skyvision or SRL,essentially the same but minor differences in pricing/packages.
Also,how long these channels are going to remain available is unknown,they've already lasted longer than I thought they would,so I wouldn't be buying programming by the year.

Satellite Receivers C band and 4DTV satellite programming

C-band Satellite TV, 4DTV and Free To Air Satellite Entertainment

From a pure sat geek stand point If you want to try it go for it :)

Get a dsr-920 or dsr-922 they are super cheap now. I always enjoyed the super secret DSR-305US. You can also use a DSR-470 with transcoder if you do make sure you call tim at SRL because it needs a special account in websams.

I'm an active subscriber of the Hits2home aka h2h service that 'replaced' 4dtv

If you're the type that likes a challenge, enjoys 'finds' that the everyday man doesn't care about - this is for you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts