Skyvision HBO X4 subs gone!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
I received my DSR410 from Skyvision and called to sub the movie packages, including HBO, only to be told its no longer available! :(

Does anyone know where I can get a sub for HBO on X4?

Ihave a DSR410 and 922 available.

Thanks guys.

I noticed yesterday that HBO was removed from the site.

I am guessing the other Satellite companies didn't like the idea of a third choice and HBO went with them.

My DSR410's just arrived. :)

Thats because the datastream is coming from Hits. HBO is not allowing the Programming Center to turn on HBO for Skyvision subscribers. :(

Shame on HBO.

Just called SRL, they have it listed on their site, but they are not offering subs at the moment for HBO on X4

On a seperate note they will sub a DSR410 from Skyvision - I thought I was in luck!

Just called SRL, they have it listed on their site, but they are not offering subs at the moment for HBO on X4

On a seperate note they will sub a DSR410 from Skyvision - I thought I was in luck!

That's a bummer. Sounds like HBO and HITS must be having some issues. I guess Cband is out of the question?

I received my DSR410 from Skyvision and called to sub the movie packages, including HBO, only to be told its no longer available! :(

Does anyone know where I can get a sub for HBO on X4?

Ihave a DSR410 and 922 available.

Thanks guys.

I guess you only have ku-band? will SRL still do HBO/MAX on X4? you can get the c-band HBO from NPS on the 922.

I only have X4 Ku

Not sure if SRL will do HBO/MAX - when I called I asked if they were doing HBO subs on X4 and they said no.

It does seem as if Skyvision are SRL resellers, my subbed DSR410 has a "Satellite Receivers Ltd" logo on the menu pages.

I only have X4 Ku

Not sure if SRL will do HBO/MAX - when I called I asked if they were doing HBO subs on X4 and they said no.

It does seem as if Skyvision are SRL resellers, my subbed DSR410 has a "Satellite Receivers Ltd" logo on the menu pages.

Yes Skyvison is a reseller, there are only 3 big dish consumer programming providers NPS and SRL, YSP is owned by dish network and will try to switch everyone to small dish so I don't count them as a provider, any other place that sells programming is a reseller for one of the 3 main providers, well I should really say 2 providers.

This don't make sense HBO masters are available to us on C band from NPS, SRL, Skyvision and YSP. I don't know what the big deal is. I know HITS is Comcast and you know HBO is on Comcast systems. Could Dish or Direct Tv be crying to HBO because of competition?

Edited:

Check these both out from SRL:

WebForm2

WebForm2

Yes but the problem with offering HBO (in the eyes of the pizza pan comunists) is you can use a small dish to get the subs to HBO. They know most people now days will not get a big dish or can even understand how to use one. Most HOA's forbid them also. They are expensive and only do one tv.

If everyone could get a great deal on programming with a fixed dish on KU band X4 with more choices of movies channels - remember the pizza pan pirates don't carry all the HBO feeds. Their bandwidth is stuffed to the gills.
They are going to put the squeeze on HBO to not allow this since they are probably the biggest source of HBO's income next to the cable companies.

It would seem to me that someone would have to make it worthwhile to HBO turn away subscribers. I would guess a competitor, who else? I just hope this doesn't become a trend with providers.

They're back! - W00T!

Available via Skyvision website and Programming-Center website

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts