Skyvision / Paid Programming ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
It is funny...almost 10 years ago I started hearing about Dish and DirecTV (and Primestar) and that Big C-Band dishes were dead. The move to Dish was made and the poor BUD just sat for years, with each year bringing the thought that it should be taken down.

Now I have the BUD dialed in once again. I have a BSC621-2 that gets great FTA reception for both Ku and C across the entire arch. - Come to find out paid programming is still available after all these years. And if you use a Vbox or Gbox it could seemingly feel like a fixed Dish dish. :)

I guess my question is, how many still have paid programming? Is Skyvision the main company now to offer it up? - I went to TurnerVision.com but it is long gone.

Would you goes as far to say it would be worth canceling Dish Network and doing a package, such as one thorugh Skyvision? Thanks

Paid C band subscriber here for 21+ years. In my case, 4DTV fits my household needs and fits well being a satellite hobbyist.

It depends on your needs as far as if it's worth it. At this time HD is limited to only a few services like Discovery, HBO, Starz. If you need hundreds of HD channels, the Dish or DirecTv services would probably be a better choice.

I have used many programming providers over the years. Currently using SRL, who provides services for Skyvision. NPS is another popular provider for 4DTV.

Paid C band subscriber here for 21+ years. In my case, 4DTV fits my household needs and fits well being a satellite hobbyist.

It depends on your needs as far as if it's worth it. At this time HD is limited to only a few services like Discovery, HBO, Starz. If you need hundreds of HD channels, the Dish or DirecTv services would probably be a better choice.

I have used many programming providers over the years. Currently using SRL, who provides services for Skyvision. NPS is another popular provider for 4DTV.

Good stuff. - Thank you!

I did just that.. canceled dishnetwork, and went back to c-band. I started out with NPS for programming, but have recently switched to SRL. I get basically the channels that I want to watch (with a couple exceptions) and my bill has dropped in half. And that's paying monthly. I'd save even more if I paid quarterly or longer.

I'm doing the same thing. For about $11 a month (with yearly sub.) I get only the channels I really want and a few extras too! My programming is thru Skyvision.

Never had a pie plate, Never want one. Been a loyal C band subscriber since 1987.

You can use Skyvisions side of SRL or SRL or NPS. Superstar, Turnervision, Netlink was bought out by Charlie Dish and tells all kind of lies to switch people over to Dish. Do yourself a favor dump Dish and come on back over to C band you'll be glad you did.

I pay about $ 12.00 a month for what I want :)

i like skyvision pricing, but they do not carry cartoon network, which is "my channel"

call nps doesnt carry the history channel in thier cheap pacakages, history is another good channel so i would have to spend $123 every 90 days

but if go thorugh SPS which i dont know where they get thier channels from but neither of the "main" ones cary cartoon network

but for about 45 bucks a month if you go 90 days, or $250 every 6 months

you can get everything below

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing.. when you pick-up the phone and call a provider.. someone in Indy or Wisc or Mich answers speaking English..no pressing one.. glad I'm back to C-band after several yrs gone. Thanks to all yall for the excellent tech info...Outstanding..

>i like skyvision pricing, but they do not carry cartoon network, which is "my channel"

Same reason I use SPS, for CNN, TNT, Discovery, TLC and Cartoon Network. Thats all I am interested in.

All for 14 bucks a month.

This is very tempting. I really wish there was more HD available though. - I might look into using Dish for HD only and using the BUD for everything else I want and FTA.

This is very tempting. I really wish there was more HD available though. - I might look into using Dish for HD only and using the BUD for everything else I want and FTA.

First generation SD feeds and backhauls can give HD lite on Dish and even true OTA HD a run for it's money as I have seen with my Sharp 1080P AQOUS. When I upgrade to the HD toys I need for backhaul HD's, Im sure my socks will be blown off :D

First generation SD feeds and backhauls can give HD lite on Dish and even true OTA HD a run for it's money as I have seen with my Sharp 1080P AQOUS. When I upgrade to the HD toys I need for backhaul HD's, Im sure my socks will be blown off :D

I would miss the 16:9 as well. Again, it is tempting, especially if the SD feeds look really good.

I'd drop my DN sub for 4dtv in a NY second except for two issues:

1st and VERY VERY important, there ain't no way of getting espn & espn2 via cband subscription even though there's several encrypted espn feeds on cband.

2nd, the receivers are expensive and are either used or old-new stock & the scuttlebutt on the internet is that these stbs have 'battery' issues.

Pretty much all the subs we care about are CNN, the ESPN's & the Travel Channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)