sl3 dish setup h21-100 receiver please help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sctroutbum

Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
United States
self install of directv sl3 swm on a slimline dish. Having problems. I don't think my h21-100 is registering the swm lnb. I've got one cable from the dish to the PI and from the PI to the receiver. When I go through setup, my options for satellite are round, oval 3lnb, oval 5 lnb, slimline 3 lnb and 5 lnb multisat. This is my first install, but I've been reading for a while and fairly tech capable. Should my receiver recongize the swm? Thought it could possibly be the lnb, but I have two and have tried both. I have used dish pointer to get the direction, and maybe I dont have it pointed correctly, but I'm still not convinced the receiver recognizes the lnb.
Any help or suggestions? At my wits end

self install of directv sl3 swm on a slimline dish. Having problems. I don't think my h21-100 is registering the swm lnb. I've got one cable from the dish to the PI and from the PI to the receiver. When I go through setup, my options for satellite are round, oval 3lnb, oval 5 lnb, slimline 3 lnb and 5 lnb multisat. This is my first install, but I've been reading for a while and fairly tech capable. Should my receiver recongize the swm? Thought it could possibly be the lnb, but I have two and have tried both. I have used dish pointer to get the direction, and maybe I dont have it pointed correctly, but I'm still not convinced the receiver recognizes the lnb.
Any help or suggestions? At my wits end

Are all the connections correct? Is the power inserted plugged in? The receiver should see SWM regardless if the dish is aligned or not. Make sure you don't have any splitters in line. On the power supply it reads "to SWM" this side should be going out towards the dish. The other side "to IRD" should be connected to the receiver.

Yes, checked it a couple times. Taken all splitters out, green light on PI is on. Just two cables, one from swm to PI on the power to swm side and one directly to the receiver from IRD

Yes, checked it a couple times. Taken all splitters out, green light on PI is on. Just two cables, one from swm to PI on the power to swm side and one directly to the receiver from IRD

And you can see this line running from the dish to the power inserter? It's not running through the crawl or attic? You don't have a BBC on the receiver still I assume? Try running a new line from the dish to the power inserter and see if that gets it to recognize the SWM.

:welcome to Satelliteguys sctroutbum!

Are you sure you have a swm lnb? How many outputs are there on it?

Something's screwy then. Like Hutch said, the swm lnb should be detected automatically.

when it autodetects, it should come up as 17: Slimline 3(S)
Otherwise, you can try setting it to 03: Slimline 3, with the Switch Type (Below it in the setup) set to 01: SWM

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)