slave fta to 4dtv 922

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eskie12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
alberta
Just wondering if I can slave a nfusion phoenix fta to my 4dtv 922 motorola.
my c-band provider said a lot of people are doing this and since a buddie gave me his fta I was thinking of trying it but not sure if this specific one works with 4dtv 922.......

it shouldn't matter

The 4d should slave without issues. I will leave it for the experts here but I see no reasons why it wouldn't slave with an Nfusion. Just make sure you connect it correctly and use DC blocks if necessary. Several good diagrams can be found when researching on how to correctly make your connections.

I have a Uniden Supra and my FTA receiver slaved and haven't had any issues as of late.

this powerpass is that on a diseqc switch , I'll google slave kit and see what kind to get and where .....thanks guys hopefully I will get more info replies on this..

thanks Lak7 , seems like a easy enough setup , as for the fta receiver do you have to set it up for each satellite you go on, is there any info on that part or how you guys here do it, did a search but no write up on this ....thanks so much

as for the fta receiver do you have to set it up for each satellite you go on
Yes. For each Sat you want to use, you need to enter the LNB and Switch info.
Are you using a Servo Controlled Feed Horn or Voltage Controlled LNBF?

You could also set the FTA Receiver's LNB Power to Off and use a High Freq Splitter that has power passing on both sides. Just make sure you set all the Sat's that way.

Love this thread. Continuing on....

What would one do (hookup wise) if one has an original Birdview "High block" dual LNB? (C-band only) Voltage to these as I recall is supplied on the horizontal side, but both sides are active at all times obviously.

Wasn't there a dual input FTA recently introduced on the market that could take two separate inputs, also? If so, could that be ideal for a 922 4dtv and FTA combination with FTA as slave?

im ordering the slave kit from RPS and will hook it up when it gets here and let you know how it goes plus I'm sure I'll be back with some more questions on receiver setup and stuff so don't anyone leave town .....lol just kidding ..thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)