Slaving a 922 to an analog receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

warnerwlf98

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Northern AZ
Maybe I know the answer to this already, but I'd like to slave a 922 to an analog receiver to make it function like a FTA receiver. Is it possible?

I already have a Pansat 3500 so I'd like to use the 922 like an FTA receiver, meaning that I want to use it just for the Digicipher decoder in it to sub to some channels. I don't want to mess with the existing analog receiver I have (until it craps out) for fear of not being able to fix it and just let it stay in charge of positioning my BUD.

Thanks.

OK I was wondering why you would still use the analog receiver to move the dish when the 922 does the same thing (moves the dish)......could make it easier

If you are content with using the analog to move the dish then yes you could slave the 922 to the existing setup. I have a 905 (922 minus the analog part) slaved to my setup (sort of)...its mainly hooked up to KU but now there is just Oklahoma PBS on KU

Thanks.

Yeah, I understand . . . it's just that my equipment is so old, I want to make as minor changes as possible just so I know that I know I can correct anything that goes wrong. I may wind up just using the 922 and removing the old analog receiver once I get everything squared away.

I'm on a quest to stop paying too much money for cable. I like the utility of having a large number of tuners in the house, so I can watch TV on my monitor and decode some QAM HDTV channels, but I have to say enough is enough at some point.

Cableone sucks as an internet and cable provider. For cable, I'm paying 50 bucks a month now for less than 60 channels - only a few of which I want to watch. For internet I get 3 Mb/s rate downloads, but it gets cut in half if I download more than 1.3 GB in a day.

I should probably just go cold turkey and only watch my C-band FTA . . . my wallet is hurting now and I have to stop the bleeding.

thats what a few of us did...got OTA/FTA only. Some have a sprinkling of alacarte chanenls on their 4DTV's

I am mainly OTA & FTA :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts