Slimline 3 and H25 issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CREWofMAROON

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Just bought a Slimline 3 satellite for tailgating and will be using my neighbors H25 box as we tailgate almost everyweekend. I am getting 771a error and it says no SWM found and says I need a power inserter. Completely clueless. I have correctly setup the azimuth tilt and elevation but nothing.

View attachment 70362

image-3683725001.png

image-3389625922.png

image-513768320.png

image-2754283060.png

The H25 ONLY works with a SWM setup

The LNB has to have only one connection and you need the power inserter. If the LNB has 4 outputs thats the wrong setup and the H25 wont work with it

Great. What model numbers will work, he also has the big box. Not sure on model number.

all other models will work with the older slimline setup

the H25 is the only one that requires SWM

Okay so run 2 lines from satellite to tuner and I should pick up a signal

Iceberg. Could you maybe send me a drawing of how it should be hooked up. Thanks. Also the BBC connectors can those be picked up locally.

Can someone draw a simple diagram of using the Slimline 3 and HR24/100 reciever, thanks. Also need to know where I can get my hands on 2 BBC adapters ASAP.

CREWofMAROON, you really only need one bbc and one line connected if you are going to watch one channel and don't care about recording another one at the same time.

Raoul, can this still be done with out BBC if I were to watch non-HD channels? Only asking if I am unable to get a BBC before Friday when I head out to tailgate.

I was able to hit Satellite 101 with high 90's last night, but I was unable to continue after that, it would stay 0% when trying to update guide.

Raoul, can this still be done with out BBC if I were to watch non-HD channels? Only asking if I am unable to get a BBC before Friday when I head out to tailgate.

I was able to hit Satellite 101 with high 90's last night, but I was unable to continue after that, it would stay 0% when trying to update guide.

Yes, the bbcs are used to get signals from the hd satellites at 99 and 103, so without it you should be able to get sd channels. Are you sure you have a Slimline 3 and not a 5? How many pods are on it?

Oh yeah! It's a 3 all right! Were you able to get any channels even though there was no guide info?

I could never exit from the guide update it would stay at 0% and not let me go anywhere from there and/or could never exit the setup menu's.

Last edited:
You would have to set the satellite setup to 18" round to get past that issue

menu
settings
system setup
scroll down to satellite
then repeat satellite setup

Iceberg said:
You would have to set the satellite setup to 18" round to get past that issue

menu
settings
system setup
scroll down to satellite
then repeat satellite setup

Iceberg you are the man, thank you sir!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)