Slimline-3 dish question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

walimike

Original poster
Jun 11, 2017
Holt, Michigan
I purchased a RV Directv package which came with Slimline 3 dish, according to the manual. It was a non-swm package, which I couldn't get my H24-100 receiver to change to even with a BBC attached.

I purchase a new swm 3LNB and am using this and a PI.

When I hook everything up and go to "configuration settings", the dish type is "SL3 LNB" and Switch type is "swm lnb8ch". The manual says it should be Dish type - "Slimline 3".

The system keeps giving all zeros, never finding any signal no matter the number of adjustments I make.

Is there a difference with the dish type that is causing this problem?? Is Slimline 3 and SL3 LNB the same thing?

I purchased a RV Directv package which came with Slimline 3 dish, according to the manual. It was a non-swm package, which I couldn't get my H24-100 receiver to change to even with a BBC attached.

I purchase a new swm 3LNB and am using this and a PI.

When I hook everything up and go to "configuration settings", the dish type is "SL3 LNB" and Switch type is "swm lnb8ch". The manual says it should be Dish type - "Slimline 3".

The system keeps giving all zeros, never finding any signal no matter the number of adjustments I make.

Is there a difference with the dish type that is causing this problem?? Is Slimline 3 and SL3 LNB the same thing?
You say your using a SWM LNB with the PI ...
If these are connected correctly, your recvr should automatically pick up the PI ... it sounds like something isn't connected correctly.
Is the light on the PI ?
Are you using any splitters, if so the PI needs to go on the Bypass coax termination.

btw, how much is the RV package ?

is the line from the dish connected to the coax port on the outside of the rv?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The light is on on the PI. I've checked the connections multiple times to make certain they're connected.

I have the line running directly from the dish to the PI, then to the receiver.

Yes, the BBC is removed.

The tripod is level, the tilt and elevation are what the set up says they should be. I've gotten the azimuth as close as I can and I've got a clear skyline.

The receiver gives me no choice on the dish type, it selected it itself and I can't change it.

The light is on on the PI. I've checked the connections multiple times to make certain they're connected.

I have the line running directly from the dish to the PI, then to the receiver.

Yes, the BBC is removed.

The tripod is level, the tilt and elevation are what the set up says they should be. I've gotten the azimuth as close as I can and I've got a clear skyline.

The receiver gives me no choice on the dish type, it selected it itself and I can't change it.
If you can't change it, it sounds like it is on the SWM setting.

I gave up and called DirecTV and the tech guy there couldn't figure it out either. I set up a house call for tomorrow. I'll see what a DirecTV installer can figure out.

Thanks for the input guys.

RV. But the tech wrote it as a house call because I'm at home right now trying to get this thing to work. Ihave the maintenance contract, so no cost.

RV. But the tech wrote it as a house call because I'm at home right now trying to get this thing to work. Ihave the maintenance contract, so no cost.
I was unaware that they did ANY RV installs/repairs.

Is this set up your working with in the RV, the coax goes directly from the LNB to the back of the recvr, correct ?
Do Not run it thru any of the coax inputs built into the RV ... normally the built in ones go into a power pack of some sort designed for the OTA antenna, this type of thing will Not work with D*.

Whenever I have run D* thru RV's (I have done many over the years) I always run everything separate from the RV wiring.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)