slimline 3 - H25 question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brill

Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Hi everyone,
Could anyone clarify this for me. I currently have an H25-100 receiver (non dvr). I also have a legacy Slimline 3 dish and legacy LNB (not SWM). Am I correct with the following:

- because the H25 is an SWM receiver I absolutely must have an SWM LNB along with the power inserter (21v). Since I only have 1 receiver I do not require the splitter since the connection would be SWM-LNB to SWM port on power inserter then from power inserter IRD port to the receiver.

- I cannot use a B broadband converter with my legacy LNB and H25 receiver. That is from my legacy LNB (non SWM) running one cable I cannot simply place a B Broadband convert inline and then to my receiver.

thanks very much,
jack

Geez jack, I would :welcome you to Satelliteguys, but you have been here almost 7 years!

The H25 is a swm only receiver, but you could theoretically use a swm8 multiswitch with a legacy lnb. Since you only have one receiver, there is no need for the swm8, though. No bbc as you stated when using a swm setup. You have the connections correct. The only correction is that you could use a 29 volt power inserter if that was all you had. The 21 will work fine.

lol...thanks guys, yah long time lurker. To me that is a testament to the quality of this forum having the answers when needed. From a social angle though.....doesn't look good on me does it ;)

dfergie : Yes it is an upgrade, however, for the 2nd part I was curious if a BBC could be used to avoid having to purchase an SWM LNB and power inserter. It appears not though

Raoul5788: Perfect. Yes to avoid the use of a swm8 multiswitch and the fact the the H25 is SWM only, then a BBC is definitely out of the question. I am ordering the Slimline3 SWM-LNB and power insertor.

thank you both :)
Jack

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts