Slimline 5 no signal 119

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Joe White

Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
I just bought and installed a slimline 5 direct tv dish. Getting 95-100 on 101, 82-90 on 99c--nothing on 119, 110 or 99s. Any suggestions?

I am having a similar problem with my 5 Slimline. I am not getting a signal on two of the satellites and I am getting "0" on two of the 32 transponders. Of course, the channel I need tonight is the NFL Network HD and it says "searching for satellite signal". This is only happening on three channels (all HD) and I'm having a big Chicago Bears party tonight. I can get the standard channel, just not the HD channel for the NFL Network. Is this a quick fix I can do today before the game tonight?

"I'm having a big Chicago Bears party tonight"

Just because you are a fellow Bear's fan! The secret is to initially peak on the middle bird in the sat string (101).

Start the alignment again. Make sure that the top of the "J" pole is 100% plumb in all directions. Put a level on the top of the mast - not the sides. Go to the 101 sat - peak it as dead on as you can (east/west/up/down). Lock it down. Switch to the 119 sat - move just the tilt until you peak the 119 bird. Go back to the 101 bird - make VERY fine east/west/up/down adjustments to find the middle of the signal peak. Lock everything down.

This will bring in ALL of the birds that you need.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)