Slimline 5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sme

Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
lb
Can the slimline 5 dish be aligned properly without a mobile signal meter? How do you find 99 and 103 without it?

The receiver has a built in meter all you need is a set of two way radios or cell phone and have some one relay the signal strength numbers to you for 99(c) and 103(c) the ones with 14 transponders.

101 sat is the key and the rest just need to be tweaked a bit.

Well, thats the problem. I have three sats with 80-90 signal strength. but 99 and 103 i cannot find at all. There are two black knobs for slight adjustments but turning them do nothing to achieving a signal. What would be the best way in finding all the sats

What receiver are you using and is it set to the 5 lnb dish type?

H21 model and its set to slimline 5 dish. I believe it has to do with minor tweaks to the dish with the dials but maybe im doing it wrong. Should I get strongest signal on a certain sat and then tweak from there? Should I be receiving at least some signal from 99 and 103 if the other three are getting signal?

H21 model and its set to slimline 5 dish. I believe it has to do with minor tweaks to the dish with the dials but maybe im doing it wrong. Should I get strongest signal on a certain sat and then tweak from there? Should I be receiving at least some signal from 99 and 103 if the other three are getting signal?

Watch this video on the fine tuning process. The video uses old hardware, but the process is still the same. Make sure that the top of your mast is dead level.

DIRECTV Ku/Ka MPEG-4 Compatible Satellite Dish Installation Videos

i have watched that video, but he uses a mobile signal meter (which i dont have). Im using the signal meter on the receiver and having my friend yell to me when I run over a signal. We can only find a signal this way on the standard sats. Looking for 93 and 103 in this manner produces nothing, I would think they would be in the same vicinity.

I didnt think I needed a bbc with this model. Directv didnt send it with the receiver. Isnt that only needed for older models?

Also, a bbc wouldnt influence the signal strength, or the 0 signal strength?

The H23 has the bbc built in. You need one for the H21.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts