Slimline install problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sy302

Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
I installed a slimline dish today but I'm only getting a signal on some satellites. On C (110) it has 95-98 on all transponders. On A (101) it has 80-85 but only on transponders 28,30, and 32. The remaining satellites have no signal. I replaced a 3 lnb satellite. Any suggestions? Is it just a matter of fine tuning perhaps? It got dark and I decided to wait until tomorrow to keep going. Thanks.

None of the programming will come in. Please excuse my lack of knowledge but what is a spotbeam?

None of the programming will come in. Please excuse my lack of knowledge but what is a spotbeam?

Not all signals are sent all over the country. Those are called CONUS. Some are sent to specific areas, thus referred to as spotbeams.

Be sure the mast is plumb. slimline dish settings also differ from the triple lnb dish.

When you say that the slimline settings are different do you mean the tilt, elevation, and azimuth are different? Is it safe to use the coordinates provided by Directv?

I installed a slimline dish today but I'm only getting a signal on some satellites. On C (110) it has 95-98 on all transponders. On A (101) it has 80-85 but only on transponders 28,30, and 32. The remaining satellites have no signal. I replaced a 3 lnb satellite. Any suggestions? Is it just a matter of fine tuning perhaps? It got dark and I decided to wait until tomorrow to keep going. Thanks.

You are pointed wrong. You have the 101 LNB bointed at 110 (C), which actually has only transponders 28, 30 and 32 assigned to Directv. You need to point the dish a bit to east of where you have it now. The Slimline is centered on 101, while the Phase III is centered on 110.

I am sorry for jumping in here but I cant figure out which lnb is which. I just got this Slimline and I am having a heck of a time setting it up. I can't find the tilt setting or the elevation setting for zip code 44047. Thanks for any help.

Are the required coordinate settings posted on-screen by the receiver's setup menu after you type in your zip?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)