Slimline Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lamboman316

Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
installer came out in Aug. to install At9, said it had to be mounted to roof or on a pole. The pole option would not work seeing how there are trees in the way, and roof was out seeing I have a metal roof. He said he wouldn't mount it to the house. Well talked to Directv and they said there was no reason why he couln't mount to house. I also have a local guy that said he's full of it, he mounts them to the house all the time. Oh well, didn't like it anyhow.

After all that was said and done, looked up info on slimline. Nothing much on it, up until begining of this month when Slimline was on 578. wow cool. called directv, no one even heard about it, let me transfer you to someone else. I got that about 5 times. Well finally someone new about it. The ony bad thing was, they need to use the inventory of the AT9 first. Well, I didn't want that.

Ebay here I come, looked it up and found nothing. Went back couple days later. BAM!! 2 listings out in California. Got it for 60.00. Called directv and told them I'm buying the dish, what kind of deal can you give me with the HD-DVR. After being transfered about 3 times, I got it for 20.00. Yup, 20.00. They are coming out 24 to install. It will be mounted to house, no doubt about it. Have to take Pictures of install. They said I'm the first with the Slimline in my area, Pretty neat...

installer came out in Aug. to install At9, said it had to be mounted to roof or on a pole. The pole option would not work seeing how there are trees in the way, and roof was out seeing I have a metal roof. He said he wouldn't mount it to the house. Well talked to Directv and they said there was no reason why he couln't mount to house. I also have a local guy that said he's full of it, he mounts them to the house all the time. Oh well, didn't like it anyhow.

After all that was said and done, looked up info on slimline. Nothing much on it, up until begining of this month when Slimline was on 578. wow cool. called directv, no one even heard about it, let me transfer you to someone else. I got that about 5 times. Well finally someone new about it. The ony bad thing was, they need to use the inventory of the AT9 first. Well, I didn't want that.

Ebay here I come, looked it up and found nothing. Went back couple days later. BAM!! 2 listings out in California. Got it for 60.00. Called directv and told them I'm buying the dish, what kind of deal can you give me with the HD-DVR. After being transfered about 3 times, I got it for 20.00. Yup, 20.00. They are coming out 24 to install. It will be mounted to house, no doubt about it. Have to take Pictures of install. They said I'm the first with the Slimline in my area, Pretty neat...

Glad you were able to get one.
Let us know how you like it...
Some here have decided they are glad they did not wait for it, because it's not really any smaller or lighter than the AT-9, at least not enough to discourage me from having the AT-9, it was the only thing out when I got mine. It's definatly bigger than the old 3 LNB but I am glad I got it, the larger surface gives me less drop out during storms, so I am happy with it over all, also it's in a place that is not seen normally. (thats the AT-9, not the slimline.)

Jimbo

Mounting Dished to a metal roofs almost guarantee's a roof leak, but that you so I guess you don't care.

I'll post a link to my AT9 so people can see the size of it. Its not that huge. Compared to the old single LNB and Phase III, yes, but no one who has seen it has made any comments about its size.

Mine is on the garage roof and the coax air-run about 30 feet back to the house. No issues since I put it up last May.

An no, despite the way it looks in the picture, its not aimed at the trees...

AT9 picture on Proc's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)