Slimline Pole Concrete

Status
Please reply by conversation.
5 minutes ... Btw, do you carry a Mig Welder on your work truck ? Besides, the poles these guys are putting in are not all that heavy.

3 3/8ths self tappers and a universal mast foot plate is all it takes it make a pole solid. Why somebody would weld something (or like said, carry the tools for it) or take the time and effort to mash a pole flat on one end is confusing to me

I normally give it about 20-30 minutes then pop the dish on. Quikcrete is pretty amazing stuff if you didn't flood it with water it sits up quickly and nice! Depending on how "north" you are you're prolly getting the rain I'm seeing on and off today
I went a little overboard with the water so it is a soupy mix:eek: Ill give it 24 hrs and see how sturdy it feels. We get some pretty strong winds here.

5 minutes ... Btw, do you carry a Mig Welder on your work truck ? Besides, the poles these guys are putting in are not all that heavy.
I do not get where you think that everyone on this site is a contractor for Direct. As a homeowner, yes I do have a Arc Welder in my garage. It would take me all of two minutes tops to weld four four inch bolts on a piece of Fence stock, to allow the pole to have something extra to hold it in the concrete, when I place it in the hole in the ground, before dumping in a bag of Quikrete 1004 mix.

As for putting in Quikrete in the hole, you just follow the directions on the bag. It states now where on the bag to tamp the dry mix in the hole. You do want to just pour a bag of #1004 in a hole, that you dug with a post hole digger, then pour in some water, letting the water soak into the dry mix and be done. It will set in 40 min's, and be solid in a day.

As for the OP making their mix way too soupy, within a year the majority of the Portland and Lime will be washed out, just leaving the sand and stone in there.

I went a little overboard with the water so it is a soupy mix:eek: Ill give it 24 hrs and see how sturdy it feels. We get some pretty strong winds here.
If it moves at all tomorrow, pull it back out, get that stuff out of there if you can, or place the new hole over some, by using a Post Hole Digger to get at least a 36"-42" hole in the ground. Then just dump in a bag or bag and half of Quikrete #1004. Follow the directions to the T, regarding how much water to pour into the dry mix, and it will be solid in a hour, that you can then place the dish on the mast, and be done in two hours tops.

When you do it over...........(1) bag of sand mix concrete goes in the hole after you have driven the pole into the bottom of the hole. You should have already beaten a dent in the pole where it will be in the concrete....stops the rig from spinning...tamp the dry concrete very firmly into the hole.......Add no water! THEN open (1) bag of quick set concrete and add a little less than the indicated amount of water. Cut the bag lengthwise and mix it there. Dump that in on top of the dry mix. By the time you have the dish tuned and the receivers wired the pole will be ready to put the dish on without the thing falling over.

Joe:yikes

Excellent!

Chip,
Is now the time to tell them that these dishes must be aligned so when we push the silver mirror button they will reflect the light of the nearest star into the operational area of the ass holes who dumped us here?
I know I said to hold the door ....but no! They hit departure (DM) mode and here we are. So we align dishes and wait to get picked up.

I am going to make a few billion of American dollars, build a ship and zoom! The population here enjoys watching their young run into each other....go figure! I must depart. Good luck getting the mother ship back. I'll report your position if I get clear of this planet's radio noise.

Don't tell them what the 7 / 16 wrench will do.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)