Slimline vs AT9 Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
For those of you who had an AT9 dish and have upgraded to the newer Slimline dish, which one do you prefer? Is the signal any stronger? Is it easier to peak the Ka signal?

Let us know! We may need to switch!

Agree with Jimbo; never had an issue with either.

I have not had a bad wet snow yet, but I'm sure it will work, I can't expect it to wipe itself off of the snow, so I plan to wipe it down when nessasary.
the only way I can see it not collecting any snow would be if it were straight up and down and then you would not pick up any signal, I guess that might be at the North Pole.

jimbo

If it snows that much in my area, make sure you have said your peace with the world. LOL. But I can relate to the 2 or 3 monsoonal rains each year at max.

VERY, VERY RARELY down here in the valley; or under 3000'. We had a freak snow fall up in Scottsdale about 6 or 7 years ago. Super powerful winter storm whipped through and it managed to snow at the lower elevations. Gave a good dusting and was gone after a few hours at best. But yes, it does snow in AZ all the time. Just not like in CA or NV. I am right around the red dot.

Do you "do snow"? http://www.snoweye.com/

Attachments

• nsm_depth_2006122605_Southwest.jpg
    nsm_depth_2006122605_Southwest.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)