Sling Adapter and HIC Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kozmocat

Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
I currently have a VIP622 and was going to just add a VIP211k to my system but it looks like the receiver is defective and I need to send it back. Rethinking things and might go with a Hopper system. Talked to 2 different Dish CSR and they didn't know the answers to my questions.

1.) I have an ethernet connection next to the location of one of the Joeys. From what I can tell, you can connect a HIC and a Joey on a single RG6 back to the solo node. Is the HIC included in the Dish install or do I have to pay for it? How much does Dish charge for it?

2.) If I have the HIC set up on the line with one of the Joeys, can I use a Slingbox on the Hopper without an ethernet connection to the Hopper? Does the HIC handle this?

1) The HIC has a pass through that will allow you to connect it at the Joey location that has ethernet. It is not included in the standard installation. You must request it, and you will more than likely have to pay the 25 bucks for it, unless you can get Dish to include it as part of your installation agreement.

2) I don't know about the sling box, but with the HIC set up, you can use a sling adapter at the Hopper/s.

The HIC is indeed included in the standard installation as a connect device. There's no reason to pay for it unless you're having a retailer do the install. But there's also no reason to ever have a retailer do the install =p

HIC is most definitely included in standard installation. And yes, you could plug the sling adapter to the hopper with the HIC as your network connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts