Sling adapter promotion - Make sure I understand

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
I just wanted to confirm a few things regarding the Sling Adapter promotion before I order it. I am an EXISTING customer. If I understand everything correctly:

• I must order through Dish
  • I must agree to receiving emails from them
  • I must pay for it but I will get a $99 credit card gift card
  • Once I activate the Sling I can submit the rebate for my gift card but it will take 8-10 weeks
  • I do NOT have to extend my contract
Is all the above correct? Also, I am curious how I have to pay for it. Will they bill it to my account or do I have to give them credit card information?

Everything is Correct.. At first they where billing it to your account.. But has of the 17th.. They need you to pay for it first.. IE Credit Card..

I just wanted to confirm a few things regarding the Sling Adapter promotion before I order it. I am an EXISTING customer. If I understand everything correctly:

• I must order through Dish
  • I must agree to receiving emails from them
  • I must pay for it but I will get a $99 credit card gift card
  • Once I activate the Sling I can submit the rebate for my gift card but it will take 8-10 weeks
  • I do NOT have to extend my contract

Is all the above correct? Also, I am curious how I have to pay for it. Will they bill it to my account or do I have to give them credit card information?

The above is correct. You do have to pay for it up front now with either a credit card or EFT (check). You also need to have a 722 or 722k Broadband connected.

If you want it ordered properly the first time, I suggest going through a DIRT member.

The above is correct. You do have to pay for it up front now with either a credit card or EFT (check). You also need to have a 722 or 722k Broadband connected.

If you want it ordered properly the first time, I suggest going through a DIRT member.
Great Matt, so how can you help me with this? ;-) Any way to contact you directly (and securely if I am giving out credit card info) to get this ordered?

Does this promotion allow for two of each? That is 2 Sling Adapters for $99 each and then receive 2 $99 rebate credit cards?

I ordered mine last Thursday, received on Monday the 27th and still don't have the rebate form on my account. Zach from the dirt team is working on it, buy I'm beginning to lose faith. I've done online chats and I'm told it is a "known issue" getting the rebate forms to show up. I'm starting to think it'll show up on my 76th day of eligibility.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Some of the rebate cards will be manually processed, so the tag may never show up on your online account.

I trust Zach is handling the situation (I know Mary has been doing a fantastic job with customers in the similar situation).

I ordered mine over the weekend (from dish online) and got it yesterday. It is working well. I called dish tonight to requist my credit. I was told there would be no credit because the order must be by phone. I am not a happy camper!

I am going to get a 722 upgrade but i can not buy the Sling from the Dish Dealer who is going to upgrade me and get the rebate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)