Sling Box Solo & Directv HR22 DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
I searched sling box found some hits but am not sure if this is the appropriate forum...well had been successfully using a slightly used sling box solo I bought with my Directv HD DVR. Was using in the house network and over the internet, all through my router of course. Well I bought a new Directv RF Remote controller from Directv (which is working fine with reveiver BUT when I log in to the sling player software on any pc (in home or internet viewing) the remote icon in the upper right corner doesn't respong, actually the remote appears on the left like it shoudl but the only butons that work when you click on them are the mute and input buttons! You can view the video ok but the channel and guide can't be changed remotely. Any thoughts? Guess logic would dictate that it's got to do with the Rf remote since the IR remote when previously hooked up didn't result in this problem.I tried calling sling bos, called the CS# 877-467-5464 several times today no one ever picked up!Thanks!By the way I did reset the sling box but it didn't make a difference. Since the box has an IR cable does that mean only IR remotes will work? or should I remove the IR cable and try it then? Anyone run into this?

First of all, Go Yankees like you said!
Problem with Directv receivers is that you cant have both RF and IR enabled simultaneously. I also have a slingbox, but I use a logitec harmony which controls my directv with IR, so it isn't a problem. But I remember the issue from before I got my logitec.

I have a RC64RB remote that I was using for RF remote controlling of my HD DVR boxes. I hooked up a Slingbox HD Pro to my DVR in my living room & ran into the same problem with controlling my DVR with the Slingbox. I changed my setting to IR & I found that my RC64RB remotes work just fine with IR as with RF.

yeah I just finished switching the RF remote to another room, reprogramming it and the same with an IR remote in room with sling box - and we're all set once again :)
too bad because I really wanted to utilize the RF remote in my LR where my DVR and sling box is but no chance I guess - no biggie. THANKS!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)