Sling Issue

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I bought this item last year thinking I would be able to access my DVR remotely. Since then I have been able to use it ONCE! Yes, I went through the setup and reconnected through my router and such with the sequence that everyone says to do. My question is this, why do you have to continue putting up with inferior software that doesn't always work? I feel that Dish could take on these problems and correct them once and not multiple times. I really would like to use the Sling but 95% of the time can not. Just my two cents.

Your post doesn't say much. Sling adapter? Sling Box??? 722, 722K, 922, Hopper????

I have both a sling adapter and a slingbox 350 connected to a 722 and they both work great. I'm not a fan of having to go thru dishanywhere instead of sling with the sling adapter, but I use them both nearly every day and have no problems.

I love my HWS and regular Hopper with Sling Adapter. I use both regularly and they work about 99% of the time. That's not bad!

Hopper with a sling adapter. Hardly ever connects and since I am not at home I can't reset my DSL, router or adapter. So what is the problem? I can access my DVR with my smartphone and I use a JetPack Internet for my laptop. I always have excellent connection with it and can surf with no problem, except using it to access my DVR through DishAnywhere.

That's why I suggested more info. I sling regularly on both the sling adapter and the slingbox from my 722 in my house in Broken Arrow, OK to our Condo in Las Vegas and to my place at the lake in Wagoner, OK, using my phone, tablet and WDTV Live and Live Hub boxes. I haven't tried to sling with 3G speeds to my phone, I usually have LTE around town the few times I sling to my phone while at football or baseball practices/games. I have 30/5 Cox service at home and 30/5 Cox in Las Vegas and 6/786k Windstream DSL at Lake, with those speeds I get a great picture on tablet and 60in tv's and don't have any problems connecting with the Sling, once in a while I have problems with dishanywhere not connecting on the first try, but it's been a while since it's acted up.

Hopper with a sling adapter. Hardly ever connects and since I am not at home I can't reset my DSL, router or adapter. So what is the problem? I can access my DVR with my smartphone and I use a JetPack Internet for my laptop. I always have excellent connection with it and can surf with no problem, except using it to access my DVR through DishAnywhere.

What is your DSL upload speed and have you checked to make sure the router firewall is not blocking it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)