Sling now standard, and one Joey is okay!

toddjb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
Germantown, MD
This may be old news on the forum (there is a lot to search through here) but I wanted to update everyone on two things that seem to have changed since I first inquired about upgrading from my 722s to Hoppers.

1) I called Dish last week and wanted to get one Hopper with sling and one without. He told me that they ran all out of the non-sling units so every Hopper is now slingloaded! That's good news.

2) The last time I inquired it was impossible for Dish to outfit me with 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. The only way they'd set me up is 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys...or 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. Everyone here gave me tips on returning one of the Joeys immediately for credit, or something like that. Anyway, when I called to order my setup, 2H & 1J was not a problem.

Finally, I upgraded equipment, didn't outlay any money and my monthly rate dropped! I used to have two 722s (leased) and one owned 508. I now have 2 slingloaded hoppers, a joey, and a 24 month service agreement. No complaints so far.

Thanks for letting us know. Good to hear policies have changed. Maybe stock is more plentiful.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Now that they are charging $5 more a month for the second hopper, they are happy to take the money.

I originally wanted 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey, but settled for 1h/2j. I purchased a VIP 211 and enabled the EHD, this works out better for private viewing with an extra tuner/ota tuner/DVR. Worked out better for me this way. I also RF modulate the h/j to extra TV's in the house.

the HWS is the best STB ever made by far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts