Sling to increase prices by $5 starting in December

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN

Sling TV — the third-largest streaming provider of live TV in the U.S. — today announced across-the-board price increases. Starting after December 3, 2022, the base Sling TV service will cost $40, up $5 from the previous price. That’s for a single subscription to either the Sling Orange plan, or the Sling Blue plan. If you want both, it’ll now cost $55 — another $5 increase.

Interesting as I am "paid up" until January 9th (due to adding gift cards). Wonder how that will affect me?

Oh and for new subs it starts today. They still are offering the 1/2 off but it says $40 or $55

Sling TV — the third-largest streaming provider of live TV in the U.S. — today announced across-the-board price increases. Starting after December 3, 2022, the base Sling TV service will cost $40, up $5 from the previous price. That’s for a single subscription to either the Sling Orange plan, or the Sling Blue plan. If you want both, it’ll now cost $55 — another $5 increase.
Now we see that Streaming is going up on just about every platform there is. I see a parallel with the price hikes DISH had since 2000 . As streaming becomes the alternative for people the prices will continue to keep going up just like satellite did. Personally I have Sling blue, but there are times I just cancel the service to save money and just watch the networks and I can still record them for free.

But I think people will just cut these type of services and rotate them to what they are wanting to watch. Like I have Hulu for Handmaid's Tale and the Orville. When neither is on I cancel the service and save the money. But the platforms have learned that binge watching isn't a good thing, so they give you one episode a week , just like traditional tv does to keep you paying for the service.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Now we see that Streaming is going up on just about every platform there is. I see a parallel with the price hikes DISH had since 2000 . As streaming becomes the alternative for people the prices will continue to keep going up just like satellite did. Personally I have Sling blue, but there are times I just cancel the service to save money and just watch the networks and I can still record them for free.
There will always have the price difference, for example, Dish went up about $5-up, Sling went up, so the same difference.

Biggest advantage to streaming, no extra fees, local, sports, DVR,Boxes, that adds up.
But I think people will just cut these type of services and rotate them to what they are wanting to watch. Like I have Hulu for Handmaid's Tale and the Orville. When neither is on I cancel the service and save the money. But the platforms have learned that binge watching isn't a good thing, so they give you one episode a week , just like traditional tv does to keep you paying for the service.
Just wait until the season is done, for example, Star Wars Andor is done in 3 weeks, will watch it then, Handmaid is done next week, so the same.