Sling TV Tests Fox-Anchored Multi-Stream Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Interesting. It says it includes FOX stations but not ESPN

If I could get FS1 and Fox Sports North it would be worth the $20. ESPN is not relevant for me and I can get it on Roku via a relatives log in ;)

sweet. So it shows for me (since I am in a FOX O&O) FS1 and Fox Sports North

Might have to try the 7 day trial

Untitled.jpg

I see you cant add all the mini packs that are available with the other one

HBO
Cinemax
the other movie ones (epix)
World News
Lifestyle

I see you cant add all the mini packs that are available with the other one

HBO
Cinemax
the other movie ones (epix)
World News
Lifestyle
I have the mini packs and they added them when I switched today. This is a pretty sweet lineup. Blackout restrictions do apply on some things. I'm getting my local fox too. Well, the one from Atlanta instead of Chattanooga but that's no big deal. Been wanting fx and nat geo. ESPN is useless for me as well

You can actually choose both $20 packages for a total of $40, but with all the overlap, I don't see any value in doing that.

I assume the regional FOX Sports is based on the billing address, or is it based on IP address when signing up/connecting?

Reactions: andy_horton
Of course it wouldn't matter to me as my RSN I would want is a ROOT Sports.

Sling TV addresses one of its biggest problems with debut of a streaming service for multiple devices http://techcrunch.com/2016/04/13/sl...-of-a-streaming-service-for-multiple-devices/
Sling TV, the Dish-owned online streaming service that promises live TV via the internet, has been plagued with one serious problem since launch: you could only stream Sling TV to one device at a time. Today, the company is attempting to address that issue with the launch of a new “multi-stream” service, now in beta, that lets you stream live TV to up to three devices at a time, both inside and out of the home. At launch, however, the selection is limited to a handful of networks owned by FOX, including broadcast channels (in some markets), FOX Sports, FX, and National Geographic, along with optional add-ons like AMC, A&E, HBO, Turner, Scripps, EPIX and Univision.These add-ons are available in the new service’s “Extra” packages, as opposed to shipping with the core offering which is priced at $20 per month. Similar to Sling TV’s original offering, customers can choose from add-on packages like “Hollywood Extra,” “Lifestyle Extra,” “World News Extra,” HBO and Cinemax.Add-ons are still priced at $5 per month, except for the premium channels which set their own pricing. (HBO is $15/mo and Cinemax is $10/mo).Local broadcast content, live and on-demand, is currently limited in the new service to 17 markets: Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte N.C., Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Gainesville, Fla., Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pa., Phoenix, San Francisco, Tampa, Fla. and Washington D.C. However, Sling TV says it plans to add local content from FOX affiliates in the future on a market-by-market basis.But what that means is, for now, is that your ability to access broadcast FOX TV will vary as you travel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts