Sling TV Tests Fox-Anchored Multi-Stream Service

Extremely doubtful. How often do you think DISH loses a signal to someone? Rare. For a long time? Rarer. Cable may be somewhat more often, but people are complaining about high costs, so they are paying those costs AND paying another $20 or more a month? They are using Sling in conjunction with Amazon often, and Netflix at times also. (Amazon often because they already have Prime anyway)

I definitely agree. In my experience, cable goes out even less than satellite. I have had Charter TV for about a year and a half now and I don't think my cable has gone out once in that time period. I've been an internet customer of theirs for probably 15+ years and I can't even remember the last time it went out. Basically, if I have electricity I also have TV and internet.

Dish goes out a little more often due to rain fade but that's still really rare. Like you said, when it does it's not usually for more than a few minutes. If my TV provider was bad enough that I had to worry about having a backup provider they wouldn't stay my provider for long anyways.

Well I should also say, if you have cable & your tv went out, chances are your internet did too.

A couple of months ago Comcast Cable TV was out for about 4 hours but Broadband was fine, glad I was home when it happened since my wife still can not figure out the Roku, she can't even change the input on the receiver to the Roku.

Extremely doubtful. How often do you think DISH loses a signal to someone? Rare. For a long time? Rarer. Cable may be somewhat more often, but people are complaining about high costs, so they are paying those costs AND paying another $20 or more a month? They are using Sling in conjunction with Amazon often, and Netflix at times also. (Amazon often because they already have Prime anyway)
I have Sling TV, OTA, and Netflix. Happy with that now that I have the Fox package. Before, I was thinking of disconnecting Sling because of the lack of channels I really wanted like FX, NATGEO, and I get Fox out of Atlanta along with the regional sports networks

Would the Reds be blacked out on MLB.TV for you? I know that that would be above & beyond what you are paying for Sling TV, but being in Georgia, it seems like a pleasant fluke that you can get Reds games anyway.
I'm not sure since when I called Comcast one time they said we were in the REDS "overlap" of local rsn. When mlb extra innings was free last year I had Comcast and all the REDS games were blacked out because it said I was in the local market....weird

I'm not sure since when I called Comcast one time they said we were in the REDS "overlap" of local rsn. When mlb extra innings was free last year I had Comcast and all the REDS games were blacked out because it said I was in the local market....weird
I live in the Augusta, GA CSRA. I don't want to harp on PlayStation Vue, because this is a Sling TV forum, but if you have a Fire TV device or Fire TV Stick, you should try the 7 day trial to see if it's for you. I currently have the $35.00 package because it include the Fox RSN's for my area & NBC Sports Network, plus BTN & BTN AlterNet channels, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN News, ESPN U, & SEC Sports. If you only have Roku & no PlayStation device, then sticking with Sling TV is your best bet. I went out & bought a Fire TV Stick because I needed my Syfy & USA Network, the sports is a plus.

Blacked out
bummer

Only thing I can see is that on cable it showed FS Tennessee as having the Cards feed (after the game was Cards Live).
This sounds goofy but maybe because it wasnt the Reds feed you dont get it?

Again that area is weird. Parts of TN are Cards territory and parts are Reds.
All of TN is Braves and Reds except for the furthest West (Memphis area)...they also get the Cards

A couple of months ago Comcast Cable TV was out for about 4 hours but Broadband was fine, glad I was home when it happened since my wife still can not figure out the Roku, she can't even change the input on the receiver to the Roku.
I have yet to have a cable outage...internet? yeah
usually its quick though (an hour tops)

I live in the Augusta, GA CSRA. I don't want to harp on PlayStation Vue, because this is a Sling TV forum, but if you have a Fire TV device or Fire TV Stick, you should try the 7 day trial to see if it's for you. I currently have the $35.00 package because it include the Fox RSN's for my area & NBC Sports Network, plus BTN & BTN AlterNet channels, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN News, ESPN U, & SEC Sports. If you only have Roku & no PlayStation device, then sticking with Sling TV is your best bet. I went out & bought a Fire TV Stick because I needed my Syfy & USA Network, the sports is a plus.
I just have the Roku 2. Wanted to see how Sling TV was going to compete with Vue before buying a fire

I just have the Roku 2. Wanted to see how Sling TV was going to compete with Vue before buying a fire
If you can & you do, go with the Fire TV box over the Stick. The Stick is nice, but I'd rather have a box that I can hardwire using an Ethernet cable, like with my Roku 3. Roku is coming out with a new stick that uses the same processor as their Roku 4 for only $50.00. It should be released on the 20th of this month.

If you can & you do, go with the Fire TV box over the Stick. The Stick is nice, but I'd rather have a box that I can hardwire using an Ethernet cable, like with my Roku 3. Roku is coming out with a new stick that uses the same processor as their Roku 4 for only $50.00. It should be released on the 20th of this month.
After reading reviews that the new Fire TV 2 box will eat through your data if you have data caps(it apparently doesn't shut down or sleep, but keeps eating up data whether you are using it or not. You have to completely unplug it from the wall when not in use to stop it from doing so). Go with the Stick instead.

The stick is nice and cheaper, but it is MUCH slower in navigation, especially using Vue, than the box is.

The deal breaker for me and Fire TV is that it won't work with an IR remote. That means I can't use it with my universal remotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts