Slingcatcher functionality

vwtoys

Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Asia
Hi from a prospective Dish customer. I read about the 922 and the first look article. In the article it stated:
"There were other features announced for the 722s such as a built in web browser, SlingCatcher functionality which would let you watch other Slingboxes on your 722s, and even a feature called Clip & Sling, that would allow you to capture video clips and send them to your friends."

That was something announced for the 722 and never materialized?

Then it mentioned:
"There is so much that the 922 does, but there is also a lot that is missing from the 922 as well. Missing is the web browser and other Sling features such as SlingCatcher functionality as well as the Clip and Sling feature."

I'm interested in watching my other slingboxes (2 other ones installed remotely) that I have and this functionality seems like a great idea. But it's missing from the current 922 units. Any chance that the slingcatcher functions will be added? Any time table?

Thanks.

Hi from a prospective Dish customer. I read about the 922 and the first look article. In the article it stated:
"There were other features announced for the 722s such as a built in web browser, SlingCatcher functionality which would let you watch other Slingboxes on your 722s, and even a feature called Clip & Sling, that would allow you to capture video clips and send them to your friends."

That was something announced for the 722 and never materialized?

What eventually became the 922 was first announced as the 722s. Probably because the internals of the 922 is identical to the 722k.

Then it mentioned:
"There is so much that the 922 does, but there is also a lot that is missing from the 922 as well. Missing is the web browser and other Sling features such as SlingCatcher functionality as well as the Clip and Sling feature."

I'm interested in watching my other slingboxes (2 other ones installed remotely) that I have and this functionality seems like a great idea. But it's missing from the current 922 units. Any chance that the slingcatcher functions will be added? Any time table?

Just shot in the dark, I would think they want to get the initial release stable first. Add in support for the SlingReceiver if that is shipping in June as suggested. Then they can start working on the other things like the full feature browser, DLNA video streaming, slingcatcher, and clip and sling. However, I'd think that the slingcatcher functionality is on the lower end of their priority spectrum as it's more important at the moment getting EHD and streaming to other devices stable. I wouldn't be expecting what you're looking forward too in the immediate future.

What eventually became the 922 was first announced as the 722s. Probably because the internals of the 922 is identical to the 722k.

Just shot in the dark, I would think they want to get the initial release stable first. Add in support for the SlingReceiver if that is shipping in June as suggested. Then they can start working on the other things like the full feature browser, DLNA video streaming, slingcatcher, and clip and sling. However, I'd think that the slingcatcher functionality is on the lower end of their priority spectrum as it's more important at the moment getting EHD and streaming to other devices stable. I wouldn't be expecting what you're looking forward too in the immediate future.

Thanks. That's what I was fearing (SC being low priority). I guess I'll have to wait and see. I hope they don't release an upgraded 922 later for these "new" features just as another way to get people to upgrade and to keep the prices up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts