SlingGuide issue with Indy locals

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Copy of the feedback I just submitted to Sling/Dish regarding the disappearance of most of my Indy channels. Could be related to the recent addition of HD locals, but I wanted to see if others were experiencing and/or get some insight around how to restore.

"A number of my local channels have disappeared from the grid view. I receive the Indianapolis locals, and as of this submission the following channels are not being displayed (as they were previously)-- 4-00, 6-00, 6-01, 8-00, 8-01, 59-00, 59-01. Please advise how to reinstate."

It's a pretty common problem for the OTA version of HD locals not to appear. For example, I get ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in HD via sat. Their corresponding OTA channels do not appear. However, the sub-channels do. So 11-01 (CBS) doesn't appear, but 11-02 does. Weird and it's been this way for awhile. You'd think they could fix this.

I signed up for it Sunday, no problem, EXCEPT for the locals. We have HD LIL in Tallahassee (got them a few weeks ago) and I also get them OTA into my 622. For some reason the HD locals listed on the grid are from some other market and a couple of hours off, and it does not list the primary OTA HD channels for the locals but does list the subchannel correctly (and the listing for the NON-HD locals are correct). I did a hard re-set and re-downloaded the programming guide with no luck.

I sent a comment to them via the feedback function and I guess we'll see if they get this glitch fixed....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts