This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

SlingGuide issue with Indy locals

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Copy of the feedback I just submitted to Sling/Dish regarding the disappearance of most of my Indy channels. Could be related to the recent addition of HD locals, but I wanted to see if others were experiencing and/or get some insight around how to restore.

"A number of my local channels have disappeared from the grid view. I receive the Indianapolis locals, and as of this submission the following channels are not being displayed (as they were previously)-- 4-00, 6-00, 6-01, 8-00, 8-01, 59-00, 59-01. Please advise how to reinstate."

I'm missing a couple of channels. I have 4-00, 4-01, 6-00, 6-02 (but no 6-01), 8-00, 8-02, 8-03 (no 8-01), 13-00, 13-01, etc. and 59-00 (but no 59-01).

Weird.

It's a pretty common problem for the OTA version of HD locals not to appear. For example, I get ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in HD via sat. Their corresponding OTA channels do not appear. However, the sub-channels do. So 11-01 (CBS) doesn't appear, but 11-02 does. Weird and it's been this way for awhile. You'd think they could fix this.

I signed up for it Sunday, no problem, EXCEPT for the locals. We have HD LIL in Tallahassee (got them a few weeks ago) and I also get them OTA into my 622. For some reason the HD locals listed on the grid are from some other market and a couple of hours off, and it does not list the primary OTA HD channels for the locals but does list the subchannel correctly (and the listing for the NON-HD locals are correct). I did a hard re-set and re-downloaded the programming guide with no luck.

I sent a comment to them via the feedback function and I guess we'll see if they get this glitch fixed....