SlingTV Invites going out tonight 1/26

Besides the one stream limit, my other annoyance is tied to it.

If someone starts watching elsewhere it simply kicks you off. no notification on either end until after the fact. There should really be a pop up at the stream that's going to take over to let you now someone else is using it.

Reactions: Rey and TheKrell
Besides the one stream limit, my other annoyance is tied to it.

If someone starts watching elsewhere it simply kicks you off. no notification on either end until after the fact. There should really be a pop up at the stream that's going to take over to let you now someone else is using it.

Yes, one stream will hopefully be addressed as the dishworld service does 3. No popup that another device is currently active is annoying.

If we decide on this, I will be getting another roku 3. The stick is nice, but the difference in navigation speed between them is huge. Enough to make sling TV pleasant or annoying. No diff in pq that I can tell , just navigation.

If anyone had one of the early hr series DVRs from direct, think going from that to the hopper or 44 genie.

No tax on my account showing. What state are you in?

As for full screen. If your PC is set to a higher than HD resolution, I can get bars to appear, might be an app aspect ratio thing. But on my Macbook Pro, Surface pro 3 etc, full screen is not an issue

My stream rates are anywhere between 3.6 and 4.9mbps when I check. Espn during sports events uses most and other channels generally less.
There was tax but I can't remember the exact amount. It was like $27.95 total ,or something like that. I'm in Texas.

Set it up online, so far its pretty good quality through Roku. I hope they get the Xbox One App going soon. One email I sent to them was a better way to add/delete the add-on packages. I want to be able to add the sports when I need it and delete it when I don't. I am guessing I can call in and do that as needed but it could be just as easy to allow it to be managed through your account online.

I wonder if they will make more small packages? I'd like to see something like a Science, ID, C&I, etc.

You know, now that I think about it that's what the rep quoted for me too. $24.98. I'll see after the end of the week I suppose.

Set it up online, so far its pretty good quality through Roku. I hope they get the Xbox One App going soon. One email I sent to them was a better way to add/delete the add-on packages. I want to be able to add the sports when I need it and delete it when I don't. I am guessing I can call in and do that as needed but it could be just as easy to allow it to be managed through your account online.

They told me on the phone when I called in the account management would be live when open to public.

I wonder if they will make more small packages? I'd like to see something like a Science, ID, C&I, etc.

I'm hoping for a few more small packages too. Wife wants at least TLC and maybe Oxygen or WE. I'll take Discovery and Nat Geo.

Yeah, If they had a science/history pack that would great!

Liking it so far and we've had it a week. It needs a few wife friendly channels though. Quality is great on my Roku 3. I tried it using my PC which uses my 47" Vizio as a monitor I wasn't impressed with the pic quality then.
Tried it in another room on another Roku 3 using WiFi, it worked flawlessly on the highest picture setting too. I think given time Sling has the potential to change the way we watch tv forever. I've heard rumor of the other upcoming services. Sony
Vue which has most of the big cable channels and might be $60. You need a PS3 or PS4 which is $399! Apple is supposed to get into the act too. I think Sling has a definite advantage being the early bird.

Why? None of the history or science channels actually show anything about history or science.

Mostly true, I am sorry to admit. But the former Discovery Kids, now named ah... Something like Discovery Family, includes quite a few science programs in the evening these days. H2 occasionally has a good one as well, when they're not broadcasting Ancient Aliens Episode 395. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts