Slow channel changing on hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have 2 remotes coming Thursday which the rep on dish chat insisted they be replaced since the software in them may not be compatible with the current hopper software. Maybe in future software updates they'll fix it. When the hopper first came out it was fast and it hasn't improved at all. The rep said my blu ray player could be interfering so I moved that and no improvement.

I have 2 remotes coming Thursday which the rep on dish chat insisted they be replaced since the software in them may not be compatible with the current hopper software. Maybe in future software updates they'll fix it. When the hopper first came out it was fast and it hasn't improved at all. The rep said my blu ray player could be interfering so I moved that and no improvement.

Please let us know if the remotes help. The remotes are still compatible though. There is nothing in our Known Product issue list about this but I will submit a report on your behalf.

Please let us know if the remotes help. The remotes are still compatible though. There is nothing in our Known Product issue list about this but I will submit a report on your behalf.

Thanks, I doubt it's the box or even the remotes. I'll know tomorrow if it is. As others mentioned here they have also noticed slower channel changing. I think it has to do with the software updates making it worse as each one was released.

When I go into the bedroom to mess with timers or watch tv at night, the Hopper 2000 response, when compared to the HWS, reminds me of when I went from the HR34 to the Hopper 2000. The HR34 was such a dog, and I was like "wow". When I got the HWS I was like "wow" and the 2000 feels very laggy to me. We use the HWS for most everything and I generally dont see any issues with it.

Would get the one with sling but I'm waiting to see if a new one gets released. Plus I want to be out of contract so I have more leverage with dish.

When I go into the bedroom to mess with timers or watch tv at night, the Hopper 2000 response, when compared to the HWS, reminds me of when I went from the HR34 to the Hopper 2000. The HR34 was such a dog, and I was like "wow". When I got the HWS I was like "wow" and the 2000 feels very laggy to me. We use the HWS for most everything and I generally dont see any issues with it.
good to know!

It used to be super fast when the hopper first came out but they did software updates and it slowed it down. I remember there was almost no delay in channel changing.

i'll take your word for it because i've never seen that on a satellite system, only cable.....

i'll take your word for it because i've never seen that on a satellite system, only cable.....

I've had Hopper almost since launch (late April) and for me the channel change speed is exactly the same now as it was then. Also no discernible difference in channel change speed between my H2ks, HwSs, or my 722k.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

The only "slow" channels changes Ive felt recently are Directv DVRs, but thats because I always used Native. I of course feel the Hopper 2000 is laggy compared to a HWS, but its plenty fast IMO.

Its like when I use the menu system on my 2009 Panasonic LCD, I hit menu or info and there is a loooong delay before anything else shows up. Now on my VT50, which they now have dual core processors, menu functions are blazing fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)