Slow Guide on 722K

Hah, glad I could help.

Ironically, my suggestion stopped working on my two 722k's after L667. I think I managed to find another workaround though, MENU - 6 - 3 - click "Counters" then press CANCEL - CANCEL - CANCEL to get back to TV. I am on L668 right now.

Mine has done this,maybe once every 2 to 3 weeks before and after the new software. It only does it on side 1 and never(so far) on side 2. I called dish and asked about it and they said the unit was downloading information.(happening at the wrong time and not at normal download time),so am not sure they have a clue. Didn't call back as when it happens,I just use side 2,but next time it happens, will try the fix mentioned below.

I've tried all of this, and no help. I've discovered that DVR events can trigger this. (going into a recording = sometimes slow, coming out of a recording = sometimes fixes) I'm on S/W version 6.80 It's driving my nuts, because unplugging the receiver is not really an option.

Anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this? I'm ready to break down. It really upsets the wife, and when mama ain't happy, no one happy.

I have yet to get a slowdown on either of my two 722k's here since L680. Guess I should consider myself lucky!

FINALLY, someone is discussing this issue. I have been having this problem ever since I got my 722k back in September. TV2's response time is awesome, but TV1 is so sluggish. I did try pressing MENU-MENU-CANCEL-CANCEL it seems to resolve the issue for a period of time, much like a soft reset. I guess I will have to keep doing this every other day or so to keep this receiver running smoothly.

>>> Thanks for the advice 3HaloODST

I wonder if the 922's response time is alot faster..

I'm not seeing this problem on my 722k and I have had it going on three weeks now. I don't really surf the guide that much. I usually watch recorded shows and only use the guide to search for movies & to set up timers. So far the 722k has been great and I have L680 software.

Wish I could say the same Mike.
My 722k is driving me crazy with the slower than molasses menus.
If you want to see this 722k bug in action just let me know.
My menu system was virtually unusable tonight.
Sometimes I can hit the guide button and have time to make it to my refrigerator before the menu screen even pops up.

That does sound bad Arcade. I hope that this bug does get fixed. I did see it on my Dad's 722k a month ago when I was over at their house for Thanksgiving. I think it was introduced when they added the new dvr screen that shows the pay per views you can buy on the front of it and the DISH pay per view reorganized menus. But thankfully I haven't had any problems with mine ,yet. But this is DISH we are talking about , so never, say never, in regards to buggy software. I did a power cord reboot on my Dad's receiver and it worked okay for a while, but began to slow down again after an hour or two.

Tried the hard reset trick.
Worked for a day and a half.
Back to being as slow as ever tonight.

Also for the first time I had a show that said it recorded for 31 min.
It really only recorded 12 min. (Great feature Dish).

I am beginning to want my rock solid 622 back.
The convenience of being able to record 4 shows at once is nice, but I prefer the stability of my 622 right now.

Update: One of my 722k's decided to be slow tonight. Cool. So that's 6 updates to the 722k and they still haven't fixed the problem...

If dish does not think this is a wide spread problem, they could just look at the number of "Views" on this thread compared to all the others on the technical section front page.
2,673 so far, and counting.
Feel free to jump in all of you lurkers. We won't mind.

Feel free to jump in all of you lurkers. We won't mind.

My problem has been intermittent for a few weeks

vip722k L680

Soft reboot, Hard Reboot, Menu Menu Cancel Cancel, all to no avail.
Using the 20.0 IR:
4 second delay from the time I press the guide button until the guide actually shows on screen
2 second delay between page up and down
2 second delay with anything inside the DVR menu
1 second delay if I arrow past the currently displayed set of programs
No delay moving around the screen I'm on with the arrows.

Almost zero lag using 6.0 UHF

As I'm finishing typing the problem has corrected itself for now, and the guide and DVR menu has become quick and responsive....we will see when it happens again.

My problem has been intermittent for a few weeks

vip722k L680

Soft reboot, Hard Reboot, Menu Menu Cancel Cancel, all to no avail.
Using the 20.0 IR:
4 second delay from the time I press the guide button until the guide actually shows on screen
2 second delay between page up and down
2 second delay with anything inside the DVR menu
1 second delay if I arrow past the currently displayed set of programs
No delay moving around the screen I'm on with the arrows.

Almost zero lag using 6.0 UHF

As I'm finishing typing the problem has corrected itself for now, and the guide and DVR menu has become quick and responsive....we will see when it happens again.

Yes. It will work great as long as you do not have to scroll the guide up and down or left and right.
Sometimes if I need to scroll to another day of the week, I will just give up in frustration if it happens to be a slow menu day. lol.
I can tell immediately if things are going to be slow by how many seconds it takes the guide to pop up after hitting the menu button.
Some days it will be almost instant, and as stated before, some days I can go get a coke from the fridge while it thinks about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts