Slow Guide on 722K

At times like these, I'm glad I have a good ol' 722. ;)

OK, now I'm trying to be helpful. Can those of you who see this slowdown do a couple of easy checks? Like unplugging your EHD (if any) or your network (if any) or your Sling Adapter (if any), and see if this helps or hurts?

At times like these, I'm glad I have a good ol' 722. ;)

OK, now I'm trying to be helpful. Can those of you who see this slowdown do a couple of easy checks? Like unplugging your EHD (if any) or your network (if any) or your Sling Adapter (if any), and see if this helps or hurts?

I am still having this issue (2 weeks now) and have nothing external hooked up. Just the coaxes going in, an HDMI coming out and an optical cable coming out (which is only used for audio about 10% of the time). The new interesting thing is that my time for slowness as switched from mid-morning to 7:30pm (right around 7:30 every day) to being slow in the evenings (sometime after 1pm to I don't know). It is now "normal" when I am home at lunch. This started Sunday.

I am still having this issue (2 weeks now) and have nothing external hooked up. Just the coaxes going in, an HDMI coming out and an optical cable coming out...
I now see I left one out. Do you have the MT2 module and do you have a 3rd coax (for OTA) going in?

I now see I left one out. Do you have the MT2 module and do you have a 3rd coax (for OTA) going in?

No sir. The only non-basic add-on is the optical audio cable.

Good news is that new software for the 722k is supposed to start going out tonight. Hopefully this will fix the issue as, for me and others), it started with the last software download. :)

I noticed the same problem I thought it was my batteries in the remote going bad, but everything else on the remote works fine, just the guide is S--L--O--W

Good news is that new software for the 722k is supposed to start going out tonight. Hopefully this will fix the issue as, for me and others), it started with the last software download. :)
Going from L688 to L689 suggests only a really minor change/update. Of course, it could be a fix for just this. I suspect the update is more related to BlockBuster Movie Pass though...

Well, oddly enough, I haven't had any major problems with slow 722Ks (2) in a little while... This is since L685, the one DISH says fixes the slow guide issue... However I have had a few hiccups that would fix themselves within a minute or so... I'm currently on L688. Maybe L689 can help you other guys out, but since DISH thinks the issue was "fixed" in L685, not so sure that they are focused on this issue currently... Especially with the BBMP stuff..

This is very strange.
My 722k was one of the worst offenders with slow guides before the L685 release.
No matter what I did to fix it, it would always come back.
And now I have not seen it happen once. Still working great as of last night.
I will keep my fingers crossed and I certainly feel for everybody that it is affecting now.
My tv life was miserable when the guide was moving at the speed of mollases.

my 722k took the L690 firmware update and the guide still sucks....was hoping they would address the guide issue with the new firmware, but I guess not:(

my 722k took the L690 firmware update and the guide still sucks....was hoping they would address the guide issue with the new firmware, but I guess not:(

It took forever for them to fix the problem last time.
I still have bald spots from pulling my hair out when my box was doing this. :)
Frustrating huh?

L690 ? I thought they were pushing L689 ? No matter.... it seems that the slow guide issue has just recently re-appeared. This firmware update won't possibly incorporate 'recent' problems like this.

Is this problem affecting all 722ks? If I get Dish to exchange the receiver will the problem go away?

I ask because I am having this issue and was going to call Dish and ask for a replacement. Reading this thread made me decide to wait to call,
but considering I have been a dish customer for 11+ years, spending over $120/month for most of that time, I have a pretty low tolerance for stupid bugs like this.

I don't use the OTA anymore so maybe I should exchange it for a 722. I do have a 722 in my home as well that works fine so maybe switching to a 722 is the best option.

On a separate note, I also have the bug with the IR remote not working right, is that bug limited to the 722k or does it exist on the 722 as well? The 722 I have at home is hooked up to a similar Samsung LCD TV as my 722k and the IR remote works perfectly. Is that just luck or is that bug actually gone on the newer 722s?

Is this problem affecting all 722ks? If I get Dish to exchange the receiver will the problem go away?
It's not a hardware problem, so no, it doesn't affect all 722k receivers. It's a software problem that only appears under certain conditions. Don't ask what those conditions are because no one here knows (Dish's s/w group seems to though). :)

It's not a hardware problem, so no, it doesn't affect all 722k receivers. It's a software problem that only appears under certain conditions. Don't ask what those conditions are because no one here knows (Dish's s/w group seems to though). :)

I submit that the conditions that cause this are:

1) Your 722k is plugged in and hooked up correctly
2) The 722k is ON
3) Your TV is ON
4) You WANT to look at the guide (or any of the menu items)

If all 4 of those conditions are met, the problem seems to exist. At least that's my experience.

:rolleyes:

I submit that the conditions that cause this are:

1) Your 722k is plugged in and hooked up correctly
2) The 722k is ON
3) Your TV is ON
4) You WANT to look at the guide (or any of the menu items)

If all 4 of those conditions are met, the problem seems to exist. At least that's my experience.

:rolleyes:
LOL :D !!

I noticed something that may or may not be relevant. In my counters screens, I show 24) Status Scheduled 10/18/11 7:30pm NT NA. The date or course changes every day. My receiver controls go back to "normal" at exactly 7:30pm every day...

This bug, like manic depression, is a frustratin' MESS! It is manifesting exactly as a memory leak on my 722K/L688. It's fine early in the day and then slooooooows dooooowwwwnnn as the day wears on until by now (8:52 PM MST) the guide is nearly unusable. Reading some of the other posts, I am surprised I am still at 688, but it doesn't appear to make a difference on later levels anyway. I spent my career in device driver development and I know mem leaks are tricky, but c'mon already! :rant:

It's fine early in the day and then slooooooows dooooowwwwnnn as the day wears on until by now (8:52 PM MST) the guide is nearly unusable.
Are you using the receiver more and more as the day goes on ? If it's a memory leak, a reboot would clear it up (temporarily) but that hasn't worked for others.

Are you using the receiver more and more as the day goes on ? If it's a memory leak, a reboot would clear it up (temporarily) but that hasn't worked for others.

Well, the trend is always more accumulated usage as the day wears on - sure, but I wouldn't have posited a memory leak if it didn't clear on POR. If it isn't a memory leak, it manifests in just about every way possible to appear as one. I suppose I could pay better attention to the timing of the problem to see if there is some sort of threshold or if it's TOD-related, but that would require, uhhhh ... paying better attention and I have other things to occupy my time. It is a PITA, though - no doubt about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)